Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where the heck is the grant?

Options
  • 19-10-2011 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone getting the 3rd level grant from Galway Co Co. has received it yet, or when they expect the cheques to come out. In college away from home down to my last 50 quid won't be able to afford the bus home next weekend unless I get it soon. been very tight with my spending too..which is fraustrating as im getting quite a big grant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Did you contact GCC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Snacker

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Did you contact GCC?

No, assumed they just wouldn't answer as per usual and blame it on cutbacks.
    But just emailed them there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Also still waiting to get an approval after applying in July and had to cough up fees :rolleyes:

You in NUIG? Go to the Welfare Officer in the Students' Union and they can outline some options. If you're expecting to get it, you might be able to get an interest-free advance from the on-campus bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

They seem to be actively answering queries on their Twitter page, @GalwayStudents. They've been telling people that they're aiming to have all grant cheques sent out by the end of next week.

Jamey wrote: »
    They seem to be actively answering queries on their Twitter page, @GalwayStudents. They've been telling people that they're aiming to have all grant cheques sent out by the end of next week.

They will if they will. I have a tenner to my name

• Advertisement

ethernet wrote: »
    Also still waiting to get an approval after applying in July and had to cough up fees :rolleyes:

You in NUIG? Go to the Welfare Officer in the Students' Union and they can outline some options. If you're expecting to get it, you might be able to get an interest-free advance from the on-campus bank.

No not in NUIG... and i'm not with the on campus bank in my college. Went to a branch of boi they said they didnt have a clue what a grant advance was but offered me an overdraft?? no sense i know... anyway i applied for it a week ago no word back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I got my grant from them last week.
    Maybe I'm just awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Snacker wrote: »
    No not in NUIG... and i'm not with the on campus bank in my college. Went to a branch of boi they said they didnt have a clue what a grant advance was but offered me an overdraft?? no sense i know... anyway i applied for it a week ago no word back
    They usually give the advance in the form of an (interest-free) overdraft.

I got my grant from them last week.
    Maybe I'm just awesome.

From Galway co co?

ethernet wrote: »
    They usually give the advance in the form of an (interest-free) overdraft.

Yeah I know did undergrad in nuig but the nearest bank to my college now don't know anything about it. no wonder the banks are screwed when people don't know simple info like this

• Advertisement

Absolute joke every county is practically in my college by now EXCEPT galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I hope your money comes real soon o.p. It'd be a totally different story if you were late sending in paper-work. They'd barely give ya the time of day. Yet they seem to think it's acceptable to pay at a later date. It's ridiculous. There's no excuse for it like. Ya need the money.

I hope your money comes real soon o.p. It'd be a totally different story if you were late sending in paper-work. They'd barely give ya the time of day. Yet they seem to think it's acceptable to pay at a later date. It's ridiculous. There's no excuse for it like. Ya need the money.

i'm borrowing money off friends to do shopping and get bus home for the bank holiday. not to go out and get locked in case people assume that. i think i'm going to break something if its not there tomorrow. as i said, i brought the grant forms in the day they were released had been accepted into course months in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭keithb93

I asked in the county office today and she said some of them were being sent out friday and then some more next week.

absolutely raging :mad:

Know this is late but yarp, got it from the Galway CoCo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Trigger88

Yes this is bad form I haven't received mine either :( Sack the lot of em!

Ring them and be absolutely 100% polite and the worlds biggest suck up.
    Bitches love a compliment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Trigger88

Ring them and be absolutely 100% polite and the worlds biggest suck up.
    Bitches love a compliment.

You see the thing is I have been emailing the County Secretary for the past wo weeks about it, and even he's filling me up with s**t. But don't want to lose the rag as i've done some work with them in the past..

Advertisement