Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spreadsheet for tracking bets

Options
  • 18-10-2011 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done a spreadsheet in Excel for tracking your bets. Just something not too complicated, like the bet, odds, stake, result, p/l...etc. Would be handy for discipline. Looked on google but all American ones that are very complicated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Sorry, dunno why that cross face is in the title!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

I've made an Excel spreadsheet for tracking bets. It should (hopefully) be self-explanatory but i'll give you a few pointers for if you try it.

Firstly, all white fields are user defined and used in calculations. Begin by entering your 'Start Bank'. Then for each bet enter your 'Back Odds' and 'Certainty', this will calculate your 'Stake' and potential 'Profit'. there's also a 'Comm%' column to enter your commision percentage for the bet (useful for Betfair)

Certainty is a percentage and it's recommended to keep this low for good bankroll management i.e. 1 = 1 point and 10 = 10 points.

I've also set it to up the stakes every time you increase your bankroll by your starting bank.
    e.g. if you start with a bank of €100, 5 point bets are €5. Then if (when!) your bank increases above €200, 5 point bets will now be €10 etc.

There's a column labelled 'R' which stands for result. When the bet is settled you need to either put a 'W' or 'L' in there, obviously for a win or a loss! There are also condions in there so you'll get green for wins and red for losses so hopefully you'll see lots of green!!

I've filled out 14 fake bets to show how it works. To start from scratch just delete the entries in the 'R' column. this is getting pretty long-winded so here's a link: Spreadsheet

I haven't tested it fully so if you get any mistakes or need help let me know. Anyone that wants can give it a try. Let me know how you get on or if it's useful.

Advertisement