Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msc Business Analytics

Options
  • 18-10-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey,
    I'm currently in 3rd year of business and law in ucd. I was wondering from anyone who has done the course or has knowledge of it, what is this course like in smurfit business school? Could it be possible for someone coming from a business background, if I pick MIS subjects this year and next, to successfully complete this course? How proficient mathematically would you have to be? What grade would you have to have got in maths for leaving cert? Also, would the MIS modules from business adequately cover, for programming, or would one have to take extra courses?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Business Analytics is applied mathematics, so you do need to be somewhat mathematically inclined. But it is intended that the more quant orientated people from business degrees can do it. I'd say do the second semester Business Analytics horizons module (if you haven't already done it) to see if you like it. Then pick the MIS Analytics modules and a horizons programming module in your final year.

If you are actually in Quinn some days go along and talk to the people involved, Dr Sean McGarraghy is the programme director.

I expect you've already read the existing threads here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73586693

maybe PM some of these people for feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donmoister

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donmoister

On the smurfit website it says in admissions that they take people from business courses with MIS subject-choices. However with business and law there are no electives, so is this the choices from within the business subjects, or elective choices??

Advertisement