Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice hockey stick needed for saturday 22oct !!

Options
  • 18-10-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi , i was wondering would anyone no were or anyone who would have a ice hockey stick i could buy or were i could get one ? I need it for saturday the 22nd of october ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

Hi , i was wondering would anyone no were or anyone who would have a ice hockey stick i could buy or were i could get one ? I need it for saturday the 22nd of october ?

Hockey office. There in germany. Get delivered by dpd

• Registered Users Posts: 17 achillies21

thanks for getting back should i get wood or compisite ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

I wouldn't know that answer. But all mine are wooden. its up too you really as a player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

You're using it for playing right? I mean its not for a play or anything is it?

Most people use composite one piece sticks nowadays, they're generally lighter and tend to last longer than the wooden ones but some complain that they lack "feel"

Like cena said it comes down to personal choice really.
    It's like asking what the best blade pattern is.

thanks for geting back cena and boomstick . yes it is for playing , so i everyones using compisite now didnt no thanks . wouldnt want to go an the wood one brakes straight away ha ha an yes right handed !

• Advertisement

It's important to consider stiffness or flex as well.
    It's basically a measue of how easy it is to bend or flex the stick. Very important when getting the best out of your shot.

A rough guidleine estimate is your weight in lbs divided by 2. This can obviously vary depending on how strong you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Are you going to pickup in Belfast? If you look up Hockey Locker on Facebook, he has a shop up there and often opens to suit pickup sessions or game days in Dundonald.

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    It's important to consider stiffness or flex as well.
    It's basically a measue of how easy it is to bend or flex the stick. Very important when getting the best out of your shot.

A rough guidleine estimate is your weight in lbs divided by 2. This can obviously vary depending on how strong you are.

Hey boomstick , eneded up gettin the beaur one 20 not great i hear but good for a learner like myself ! Do you play yourself ?? Did you hear about the new rink ??

Wisco wrote: »
    Are you going to pickup in Belfast? If you look up Hockey Locker on Facebook, he has a shop up there and often opens to suit pickup sessions or game days in Dundonald.

Ye mate heading up on saturday ! I emailed him got the stick today it arrived at lunch time happy days ! Getting a few sessions in before the new rink opens in santry ! Was thinking off getting involved ! Thanks for replying .

Nice one. I'd love to go but it's a bit far for me...can't wait for the rink in Santry to open!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Where is the rink opening in Santry? It's been too long since I laced up my skates!

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Where is the rink opening in Santry? It's been too long since I laced up my skates!

Not to sure where . but it might open end of november or december hopefully ! Its only for hockey and figure skating so i hear ! But that might change to generate money ;) Theres a big rink opening beside huston station in dublin its like a winter in wonderland thing witch is for the public .

Ye wisco looking forward to it never done it before ! Its a bit to travel feck it be worth it :)

I'd consider myself a learner too achillies. Been playing since last September.

I can talk the talk but not walk the walk quite yet!

One thing you'll find is that although the stick makes a difference, if you give a good player a cheapo stick they'll still be a good player. Some of the best guys I know use sub €60 sticks.

What flex and curve did you go with the Bauer? I'm using a 90 Flex Sakic curve Sherwood RM5 at the mo but think I'll be ordering a Reebok AI5 on Monday.
    The 90 flex is just too stiff for me really. Well that's my excuse anyway!

Yea I've heard quite a bit about the rink, great to see and best of luck to them. I'm in Galway but I'm sure the inline team will knock down a few of times a year. We go to Cork and Kilkenny for league games quite often so its not too bad at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    I'd consider myself a learner too achillies. Been playing since last September.

I can talk the talk but not walk the walk quite yet!

One thing you'll find is that although the stick makes a difference, if you give a good player a cheapo stick they'll still be a good player. Some of the best guys I know use sub €60 sticks.

What flex and curve did you go with the Bauer? I'm using a 90 Flex Sakic curve Sherwood RM5 at the mo but think I'll be ordering a Reebok AI5 on Monday.
    The 90 flex is just too stiff for me really. Well that's my excuse anyway!

Yea I've heard quite a bit about the rink, great to see and best of luck to them. I'm in Galway but I'm sure the inline team will knock down a few of times a year. We go to Cork and Kilkenny for league games quite often so its not too bad at all really.

Did you take it up completely from scratch last year? It's something I'd love to try, but my skating is very basic and I've never shot a puck in my life.

My skating was very basic too, and still is really although I'm certainly better at it now.

I never played before or shot a puck either but you pick it up quite quickly with practice.

The league is fairly well organised IMO and some clubs will have a senior team as well as a development team.
    This is great really as it means that even if you're only starting out you can go to games and have a bit of fun and be part of the team.

There's a few games up on youtube here if you want to take a look:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/IrishInlineHockey

It can look kind of slow paced in the videos but trust me, when you're actually playing its unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMC83

haha- good memories, I was playing for Riot that season, this year Dublin will have two teams, I will be with the Vipers!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dublin-Vipers/141518609269003

See you guys in Cork on the 19th!!!:)

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Did you take it up completely from scratch last year? It's something I'd love to try, but my skating is very basic and I've never shot a puck in my life.

My advice....definitely give it a go! There's a range of abilities, so everyone is catered for, and for the most part, the more experienced players are delighted to lend a hand and give tips to newbies. If you don't have contacts with clubs already, just post here or contact the IIHA and I'm sure someone can hook you up with gear to try it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Wisco wrote: »
    My advice....definitely give it a go! There's a range of abilities, so everyone is catered for, and for the most part, the more experienced players are delighted to lend a hand and give tips to newbies. If you don't have contacts with clubs already, just post here or contact the IIHA and I'm sure someone can hook you up with gear to try it all out.

I've just started a new job so once I'm more settled in and the rink is opened in Santry I plan on getting in touch with some people and giving it a go. If I don't, I know I'll look back in 20 years and regret it.

Advertisement