Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Basic panel beating/spray painting course

Options
  • 18-10-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there!

It's been something I've been dying to try my hand at for a while.

Any body know of any night classes starting this autumn in this? I'm based in the West, but would consider travelling for the right course. Would also consider something like one day a week day course.

Please pm me with any details as I'm not always on this forum.

Thanks in advance for your help

Muckit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

well.. that's what i trying to find out for couple weeks but I cant see nothing on web :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I could probably teach someone the basics in about a week to a fortnight, but its practise and repetition that will make you good at it. It was only a year into spraying that things really clicked for me and I started to get a great finish straight from the gun, and getting panels straight without having to constantly refill, sand, refill, sand.

I doubt there are any night courses, from a trade point of view panel beating and spray painting are seperate trades since the 70s I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

RoverJames wrote: »
    panel beating and spray painting are seperate trades QUOTE]

Thanks, that's very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Muckit wrote: »
    RoverJames wrote: »
    panel beating and spray painting are seperate trades QUOTE]

Thanks, that's very helpful.

It is actually helpful as different courses might only have 1 or the other ;)

• Advertisement

... I was undecided if he was thanking me or being sarcastic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

No it was very helpful. Not many people would know that they are two different trades.

Advertisement