Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keywords & Analytics

Options
  • 18-10-2011 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hello there,

I am new to Google Analytics. Is there a way to see suggested keywords or to see how good the current keywords are?

Thanks in advance

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

Hello there,

I am new to Google Analytics. Is there a way to see suggested keywords or to see how good the current keywords are?

Thanks in advance

David

Hi, with Analytics you can see what keywords your visitors used to get into your Website.

To see your top 20 most relevant keywords, install Google Webmaster Tools as well, that's exactly what you are looking for.

Let me know how that goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DashCams.ie

Hi, with Analytics you can see what keywords your visitors used to get into your Website.

To see your top 20 most relevant keywords, install Google Webmaster Tools as well, that's exactly what you are looking for.

Let me know how that goes!

Ah, I get it now. I have it installed now.

Thanks a lot.

I liked your facebook page too.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

Ah, I get it now. I have it installed now.

Thanks a lot.

I liked your facebook page too.

You're welcome. Liked you back on FB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

You need insights for search which can be found here;

http://www.google.com/insights/search/

This will give you an idea of how popular your keywords are in a certain location or time frame.

Are you using AdWords?

Thanks for the replies.

I have used €25 on AdWords and I'm going to putting €80 on it soon.

Is it worth it? I hope I'm using it correctly.

• Advertisement

It depends on what you want it for. AdWords is not for everybody. What is your website?

Make sure you get your account sorted before you activate your account. Make sure it is optimised as best as possible, that your settings are correct and you have selected the correct networks etc etc.

Have you phoned the support team? You really should avail of them.

Also, if you use AdWords you can check the Keyword tool for idea or the "See Search Terms" button under the graph in your keywords tab. This will show you what users have searched for and may generate ideas for keywords and negative keywords.

My website is www.dashcams.ie

I will definitely give the support team a ring. Thanks a lot for your reply

Nice website. Looking at getting one of them cameras myself.

Anyway, your site looks good to me. User friendly, tidy and loaded fast for me.

I guess one of your major keywords is going to be "Roadhawk", "In car cameras", "Car video recorder" etc etc. When you chose broad match for the likes of "Car video recorder" you might find your ad showing for users who are looking for "Video Cam Recorders" or "handheld video recorder" etc etc.

Come up with a good list of keywords, keeping in mind you do not want to show for people looking for home CCTV and hand help recording devices. This is where match type and negative keywords come in handy ;)

Nice website. Looking at getting one of them cameras myself.

Anyway, your site looks good to me. User friendly, tidy and loaded fast for me.

I guess one of your major keywords is going to be "Roadhawk", "In car cameras", "Car video recorder" etc etc. When you chose broad match for the likes of "Car video recorder" you might find your ad showing for users who are looking for "Video Cam Recorders" or "handheld video recorder" etc etc.

Come up with a good list of keywords, keeping in mind you do not want to show for people looking for home CCTV and hand help recording devices. This is where match type and negative keywords come in handy ;)

Thank you for your advice, much appreciate it :)

I will be contacting AdWords for their free support soon :)

Advertisement