Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire at Punches Cross.

Options
  • 18-10-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Came out of the Pharmacy at the Greenpark centre about 10 -15 minutes ago and saw loads of black smoke coming out of the back of Punches pub. Could see fire engines from where I was. Just thought I would pop it up here in case there are any traffic delays in the area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Kess73 wrote: »
    Came out of the Pharmacy at the Greenpark centre about 10 -15 minutes ago and saw loads of black smoke coming out of the back of Punches pub. Could see fire engines from where I was. Just thought I would pop it up here in case there are any traffic delays in the area.

Thanks just living down the road, didn't even hear the sirens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Ah jesus any update on this? I go to the gym there. I hope it's not damaged :( (And also that nobody was hurt obviously!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Ah jesus any update on this? I go to the gym there. I hope it's not damaged :( (And also that nobody was hurt obviously!)

No it was down by the main entrance when I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It got a mention on the radio since. What they said on air was that the smoke seemed to be coming from either the car park under the hotel or somewhere on the premises that allowed the smoke to escape that way.

Thankfully there are no reports of anyone hurt, which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

• Advertisement
Advertisement