Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit rating

Options
  • 18-10-2011 4:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

I had an account and loan with Bank of Ireland and due to the no repayment my account was closed and loan sold off to a debt collecting agency (final amount due was 700).

The account was closed perhaps 4 years ago and I paid off the debt and all was well. Question I have is would there be a record of that available to other parties ? I have been with AIB now for over a year and have a few quid coming and going and paying my fees and all else.

If I applied for a loan with AIB or anyone else for that matter would it be affected because of the failure to pay back BOI ? And if I went back to BOI would I be told get get lost ? Always liked BOI and would like to reopen an account there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

MungBean wrote: »
    I had an account and loan with Bank of Ireland and due to the no repayment my account was closed and loan sold off to a debt collecting agency (final amount due was 700).

The account was closed perhaps 4 years ago and I paid off the debt and all was well. Question I have is would there be a record of that available to other parties ? I have been with AIB now for over a year and have a few quid coming and going and paying my fees and all else.

If I applied for a loan with AIB or anyone else for that matter would it be affected because of the failure to pay back BOI ? And if I went back to BOI would I be told get get lost ? Always liked BOI and would like to reopen an account there.

Yeah the bad debt would be recorded on the ICB. You can request a copy of your credit report from them at www.icb.ie for small fee and will show all credit history there.

The history would still be there for another year or two and its up the individual institutions to look at this and make a decision if you fit their lending criteria.

Advertisement