Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Songs as Gaeigle

Options
  • 17-10-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

So while looking up gaeltachts I happened upon Colaiste Lurgan's website which you maybe familiar with because of Des Bishop it turns out that they've done a load of pop songs in Irish, pretty up to date stuff too. The Wanted, Jessie J, Glee and for some reason the World Cup song by Shakira

http://lurgan.biz/index.php/2011/08/glee-lurgan-na-rough-cuts/ enjoy!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tá roinnt desna fístéipeanna siúd feicthe agam cheanna. Táid go han-mhaith ar fad. :)

B'aoibhinn liom amhráin eile a chur isteach sa Ghaeilge. Rinne múinteoir leagan iontach de "Somebody Told Me" (The Killers) linn i gCorca Dhuibhne cúpla bhlian ó shin agus bhain mé rí-thaitneamh as. An mbeadh suim ag éinne aistriúchán a dhéanamh liom ar amhrán rac-cheoil nó dhó?

I've seen some of their videos before. They're really good. :)
    I'd love to put a few more songs into Irish. A teacher did a great version of The Killers' "Somebody Told Me" with a group of us in Corca Dhuibhne a few years ago. It was great craic! Would anyone be interested in translating a few rock songs with me?

Advertisement