Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**Match Thread*** Tue 18/10 20:15 WES2 -v- Grant Thornton

Options
  • 17-10-2011 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Clay - out
    Conor - 50/50
    Keith - in
    Jules - out
    Ciaran - in
    Gary - in
    Cathal - in
    Collie - in
    Joe - in
    Dave -
    Wes - in
    Aaron - in
    Gavan - in
    Darragh - in
    Declan - in
    Rob -
    Ed - in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Hoping to get out of it but looks like I won't be able to - have to work late tomorrow night so won't make this game. Gutted to miss it but very well done last week lads, keep that up and we'll build on that momentum. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I'm Out Other Half Is On Nights

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EndOfAStorm

In - Gavan

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Mall10357 wrote: »
    I'm Out Other Half Is On Nights

ill cover for you tonight :) will need a return favour off you next week or the week after!!

keith, can i have a drive please?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep will give you a txt later to sort out a time

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

ill cover for you tonight :) will need a return favour off you next week or the week after!!

keith, can i have a drive please?

That Is No Problem Ed I Should Be Okay For The Next Two Weeks If You Need Me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Beaten 3-2 in a poor game for Boards, were 2-1 up with about 10 mins to go and they equalised and then with a couple left they got the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

both their goals came later than that keith, i remember one of the lads asked what was left when it went to 2-2 and he said just over 5 mins.

strange game, we didnt seem to play well and yet found ourselves 2-1 up with 5 mins left. they dominated the first half and we were a bit lucky to be at 1-1, second half much improved, defended better,passed better and overall played better, but switched off twice in the last few minutes to let them in.

their winner was simply us getting caught 4 on 3 on the break and they had a man over inside the box on his own to finish it. we did enough to get the draw, but not enough to win, just got caught in the last minute then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

They didn't look like getting a second equaliser. They went three at the back with about 15 minutes left, they got a break from a missed tackle where the ball landed their way and had a shot that went in. And the game changed from then on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Bummer, hard luck lads, never nice to lose it at the death. Sorry I missed it - things have been hectic with a major project in work requiring lots of travel and customer visits so it's been unavoidable but I've managed to arrange things for the next few weeks so that they should be able to make each game. Sounds like we're not far off where we need to be and it's consistency that's the main challenge, which is to be expected given the amount of changes required due to the availability issues, so things will hopefully settle down shortly and we'll get into a good momentum.

Advertisement