Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Low Price - Review Needed Please

• 17-10-2011 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I just wanted to ask everyone what they think of my new site, Best Low Price. There's really no need for explaining it or anything - as long as you read the first page tbh. You'll probably mention that it needs a better domain name - I'm working on that at the moment. I'm looking for more criticism on the actual idea and how I could improve it more so than the design etc. (but that would be very welcome advice too, thanks;)) Even try out the site for yourself aswell if you want and your give feedback here, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks a mil in advance,
    James.

P.S. Sorry if this post seems a bit higeldy-pigeldy, I'm in a bit of a rush!:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Design-wise: needs massive amount of work.

Concept-wise: I'm not sure if it's a runner at all. You're looking to make the commission from the customer before purchase - I'd have serious doubts about the model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The lack of any contact details and the up front charge among other things renders this site/concept untrustworthy. I wouldn't recommend anybody use it while those issues remain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭worc

This probably sounds harsh but I think there is almost no point in giving design / code / SEO advice on what to do with your site because I think it needs a complete redesign and rethink. It looks like one of those scammer sites and my first reaction when I looked at it was waiting for my anti-virus to go off telling me some malicious software was about to be downloaded on my PC. To clarify - that is the impression I got but I am not saying that is your intention in any way!

As mentioned there is no trust with your site - no contact details, no face to it. The model is based on someone else finding a price for a product for you - but what's stopping someone "finding" a price and sending it to you only to find out the price was bogus in the first place - what recourse is there in that situation?

What happens if I'm looking for Sennheiser HD 202s and someone actually find HD 201s - I pay for this info and then the product is wrong. What happens then?

What if someone sees a great price for a product, pays to see the link only to find it's from some dodgey looking company who you don't feel safe giving them your credit card details online to get the product. Can I have my money back?

What if the product is cheaper but the shipping costs from (for example) the US means the product is actually much more expensive?

There is a major lack of quality control with your intended model.

You're asking for money from people for what is in effect a blind leap of faith that what they're about to get is what they are actually looking for.

There are a lot of price comparison sites out there and I don't see you challenging them with this model.

I feel like I'm being very harsh but I'm honestly putting what I feel are genuine concerns across to try and stop you wasting time on something. If it works out for you though fair play!

Advertisement