Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CREDIT UNION

Options
  • 17-10-2011 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Do people know if credit unions are giving out loans in general (30 - 50k)?

Also, how long do I have to be a member before they give out loans that large?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

karlitob wrote: »
    Hi all,

Do people know if credit unions are giving out loans in general (30 - 50k)?

Also, how long do I have to be a member before they give out loans that large?

Thanks for your help.

Do you have money to save with them? If you are not with them now would be quite a while to build up a history good enough to get that amount.

It also depends on the CU itself. Some are in serious trouble and some are doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

The loan will depend on a lot of things. how long you are with the particular Credit Union and have you been good at saving and how much you have in it already for security. This a is a very big amount.
    In my CR Union for a first loan they will only give a small amount. Best of luck.

Advertisement