Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of this web traffic site?

Options
  • 17-10-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I came across this site for driving huge traffic to your site here. It says you could send at least 1 million visitors to your site, which is true if you use the system properly and effectively. The only flaw about the site is that most of the traffic won't be targeted, but the chances are some of it will depending on your website type.. Anyway, have a look at it and let me know what you think. Heck, give it a go while you're at it, there's nothing to lose!

Thanks,
    James.

P.S. It seems to be one of them pyramid schemes but one that's obviously legal 'cuz there's no money involved. Just a thought...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

ocallagh wrote: »
    hmm

thoughts?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

If it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Hmmmmmmmm indeed.

translation: valueless, magic wand/cheap trick, bandwidth wasting, link clicking, pyramid scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Does "using the system properly and effectively" include spam link-building from noticeboards ?

And is that a referrer ID I see?

tricky D wrote: »
    And is that a referrer ID I see?

Ya I edited my post and added the id after I signed up to test out if it actually works.. (hope you didn't get the impression that I was advertising!) Seems like its a waste of time though..

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Ya I edited my post and added the id after I signed up to test out if it actually works.. (hope you didn't get the impression that I was advertising!) Seems like its a waste of time though..

Considering it's still in your sig, why ever would I get that impression????:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Removed affilate link.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If you like it as much as you do (given that it's in your sig) then why ask for our opinions on it?

kbannon wrote: »
    If you like it as much as you do (given that it's in your sig) then why ask for our opinions on it?

When did I say that I liked it? I'm just wanted to see how it works.. If it makes you happy, I'll remove it - it's a waste of time anyway.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Apologies, I presumed that you did, given that it was in your signature.
    As for it being a waste of time, I don't think there was any doubt there but thanks for stating the obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

So let me get this straight - referral link that needed snipping and trying to use the thread and sig to forward traffic to yourself?

No, no reason at all to think you're advertising.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement