Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card hopping how to?

Options
  • 17-10-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

i need to to do as my interest in 130 euros a month with a 7 grand debt on my card..its so hard to pay off..is it easy to credit card hop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

thegame wrote: »
    i need to to do as my interest in 130 euros a month with a 7 grand debt on my card..its so hard to pay off..is it easy to credit card hop

Depends on a lot of things especially your credit history, financial situation, ability to repay. A bank will not take on a €7k debt just like that as easy as some people may say it is.

Apply to a few institutions and see how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

You need to pay that down asap. That's very expensive credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

If you're finding it hard to pay off your credit card, you'll probably find it hard to change credit card company.

It really depends on your job stability and ability to repay your debt. They'll probably ask you for at least 6 months worth of bank statements and if the balance is hovering around zero and your credit card balance is slowly rising I doubt you'd have much hope.

Would you consider a credit union loan? 7% interest rather than 19%.

Advertisement