Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Thousand Faces ezine

Options
  • 17-10-2011 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

OK, i'm putting this here because 'A Thousand Faces(A journal of superhuman fiction)' seems to fit in with the comics forum and you guys are most likely to know what's happened to it. It used to be at,

http://www.thousand-faces.com

and seems to have vanished off the face of the planet with no warning whatsoever. The last I heard, the print edition was no longer to be published but the online edition would continue as usual.

Anyone know what happened to it, and if it's due to re-appear in some new guise at some point?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've never heard of it, but a bit of Googling tells me that Frank Byrns is the guy at the helm, so your best bet is to contact him and ask what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

yeah, suspect you're right. Was sure a whole host of people would know what happened though. He's quite well known in superhero fiction circles. I was just surprised when nobody seemed to mention it... anywhere!

Think I'll email then.

Just a little update. I did email Mr Frank Byrns in the end a few days ago regarding the above, unfortunately i've had no reply so far. One of the two addresses i tried is no longer active, the other(a hotmail address) was sent ok at least. There is a third email address there but i'm reluctant to pursue the matter further since i'm beginning to feel a little like a stalker at this point.

Oh well, onward and upward...

gufnork wrote: »
    Just a little update. I did email Mr Frank Byrns in the end a few days ago regarding the above, unfortunately i've had no reply so far. One of the two addresses i tried is no longer active, the other(a hotmail address) was sent ok at least. There is a third email address there but i'm reluctant to pursue the matter further since i'm beginning to feel a little like a stalker at this point.

Oh well, onward and upward...

That 2nd email I sent came back undelivered only yesterday. That took a while to fail. It's been weeks since I sent those emails. Don't know what that's about. Still, think I'll give up now.

Incidentally, the 'Wildcards' books by 'George R R Martin' are fantastic examples of superhero fiction in case anyone wants to see what all the excitement is about. I believe the 21st volume has just been/is about to be released. I'm on volume 2 myself, so plenty of joy ahead of me.

Advertisement