Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 6x03 - "Smokey and the Bandit" [*SPOILERS WITHIN*]

Options
  • 17-10-2011 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

From thetvdb.com:
    Dexter is confronted with a sobering glimpse of his own potential future when a serial killer from his past makes a startling reappearance; Debra is uncomfortable in her new job; Travis struggles to keep his mentor happy, as he and Gellar prepare a new twisted tableau, ensuring Debra's next task will be a daunting one.

What did you think of 6x03 "Smokey and the Bandit"? 26 votes

Excellent
    0% 0 votes
    Pretty good
    15% 4 votes
    Average
    73% 19 votes
    Poor
    11% 3 votes
    Awful
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Staplor

I didn't like the story around Dexters kill in this one, but I found the supporting stories more interesting. Better than last weeks I think. Cool ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Mostly boring and substandard, hackneyed lines and worn out internal monologues. Last 10 minutes or so perked up, with the Tooth Fairy ranting and Dexter dropping his slides. Very inconsistent that that they spent an entire season on the retired Trinity serial killer, yet can shoehorn a similar notorious killer into one episode.

Far too much teasing with Colin Hanks and Edward James Olmos. The killing is inventive and gruesome (if a tad reminiscent of the Ice Truck Killer), but by god (ironically) is it tedious, drawn out, and even more full of cliches - "repent, repent, blah blah blah".

The fact that the series has been renewed for a 7th season (I think) kills any more suspense that Masuka's assistant will discover anything worth incriminating (unless they make her discovery the big pay off and lead into hopefully the final season).

Sad to say I'm getting bored with this show. Only small mercy is the lack of Mos Def. That plotline can go die in a fire.

I really enjoyed it. Dex facing up to the future, those horrible horsemen at the end. I really liked the way he didn't kill the tooth fairy in the traditional way, but making him suffer by being just another anonymous old persons death.
    I'm liking Masukas partner and wondering whats her fascination with the ice-cream truck killer? Ex-wife/girlfriend?
    The Hanks/Olmos storyline is a bit boring at the moment, but if there's one thing I know about the Dexter series is that the first four episodes are always pretty dull affairs, setting things in motion for the rest.

I can't see the writers letting Harrison live for the run of the show though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Funniest bit was Angel's face when he got that car !!! :D:D

And then Quinn bored as he was doin' yer one ....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The episode was a bit weird for me. It was if they are starting the wind up towards how it is all going to end. Dexter is questioning his faith, the faith and future of his son and ultimately how it is all going to end.

The lab assistance is definitely personally involved in the Ice Truck killer or maybe a would-be killer herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Weird season so far, can't say where it's going.

I wonder if there's any significance when Dexter drops his box of slides, I hate when things happen and is forgotten the next episode.

Block (8 wrote: »
    Weird season so far, can't say where it's going.

I wonder if there's any significance when Dexter drops his box of slides, I hate when things happen and is forgotten the next episode.

Think it was just showing that he will eventually get old, like Ronnie Cox in that episode - losing his touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

I really enjoyed it. Dex facing up to the future, those horrible horsemen at the end. I really liked the way he didn't kill the tooth fairy in the traditional way, but making him suffer by being just another anonymous old persons death.
    I'm liking Masukas partner and wondering whats her fascination with the ice-cream truck killer? Ex-wife/girlfriend?
    The Hanks/Olmos storyline is a bit boring at the moment, but if there's one thing I know about the Dexter series is that the first four episodes are always pretty dull affairs, setting things in motion for the rest.

I can't see the writers letting Harrison live for the run of the show though.

his sister probably ;)

Sad to say it but Dexter just isn't doing it for me the way it used to. I still watch, but, its no series 2 or 4 unfortunately :(

It does seem to be picking up however, so I haven't lost all faith just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,988 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm wondering whether the James Olmos character is a figment of Colin Hanks' imagination at this stage?

• Advertisement

Sooopie wrote: »
    Sad to say it but Dexter just isn't doing it for me the way it used to. I still watch, but, its no series 2 or 4 unfortunately :(

It does seem to be picking up however, so I haven't lost all faith just yet

Do you watch Breaking Bad ?

it could be just after reaching such heights in TV its difficult to replace..

jcf wrote: »
    Do you watch Breaking Bad ?

it could be just after reaching such heights in TV its difficult to replace..

no - thats next on my list!

Sooopie wrote: »
    no - thats next on my list!

luuuuuckkkky to have that all ahead of you and unwatched !

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I'm wondering whether the James Olmos character is a figment of Colin Hanks' imagination at this stage?
    Same thing struck me at the end of it..

.. the fact that he was just out of view of "the jogger" in that room.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

i am quite enjoying this season so far. I have been looking forward to a season where Dex deals with religion. The ties that seem to be opening up to season one are interesting. I hope that masukas assistant's storyline works out well.

The ending of the episode was awesome.

I really wish however they would kill off La Guardia, her character has annoyed me in every season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,988 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Basq wrote: »
    Same thing struck me at the end of it..

.. the fact that he was just out of view of "the jogger" in that room.

Unless it was a clever ploy to lead us up the garden-path.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

anyone think that both deb and harrison will be killed off:( seemed to be indicated at the end?

jcf wrote: »
    luuuuuckkkky to have that all ahead of you and unwatched !

One of the few!!!!!

Looking forward to getting stuck in, going to treat myself to the box sets, not the same watching it on the internets!!! :D

Sunny!! wrote: »
    anyone think that both deb and harrison will be killed off:( seemed to be indicated at the end?

Oh i do hope they get rid of Moonface, she does my head in

I'd say there is a good chance she'll go bye byes alright... Michael C Hall executive producer on the show, and rumours abound there was lots of tension between them on set this season, which is understandable considering they divorced!

Can't believe he ever married her in the first place to be honest!!!

Fiftysix wrote: »
    i am quite enjoying this season so far. I have been looking forward to a season where Dex deals with religion. The ties that seem to be opening up to season one are interesting. I hope that masukas assistant's storyline works out well.

The ending of the episode was awesome.

I really wish however they would kill off La Guardia, her character has annoyed me in every season so far.

Agreed, it was amazing, really took my breath away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Sunny!! wrote: »
    Part of me would like to see Deb and Harrison killed but another, darker, part would like to see Dexter train Harrison in the art...

Advertisement