Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Hockey - Week 1 Results

Options
  • 17-10-2011 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

178297.jpg

Hi all,

The above table is sorted by the following criteria:
    • Games Won
    • Games Tied
    • MrJoeSoaps Power Rankings :)

As you can see, it is quite possible to be doing well but have poor overall power ranking (and vice versa). This is because the rankings take into account the strength of the entire league, and not just your opponent from the previous week. The POS column shows the position in the Power Rankings, not in the league.

Heading off to work shortly, will post some thoughts about the first week later today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Nice job, looks much better than my effort:D

My team had a strange week, it took a while for my forwards to warm up but they are starting to score now with the help of a handy free agent. I picked up a couple of new centers which has helped and finally getting some goals/ assists and getting on the right side of +/-.

I was really strong on goal tending at the start of the week but some strange high scoring games at the end of the week have have dropped then down the rankings:(

I expect that my ranking will improve slightly next week with my recent roster changes to plug some gaps and hopefully pick up some strong lads so I can challenge the Bullies in 6 weeks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I prefer my power ranking over my league ranking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

I think I'm last.:(.

I really don't know how this works

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

krissovo wrote: »
    Nice job, looks much better than my effort:D

My team had a strange week, it took a while for my forwards to warm up but they are starting to score now with the help of a handy free agent. I picked up a couple of new centers which has helped and finally getting some goals/ assists and getting on the right side of +/-.

I was really strong on goal tending at the start of the week but some strange high scoring games at the end of the week have have dropped then down the rankings:(

I expect that my ranking will improve slightly next week with my recent roster changes to plug some gaps and hopefully pick up some strong lads so I can challenge the Bullies in 6 weeks;)

Bring it on! I'm honestly very surprised I did that well, I've a team with no real superstars in it. James Neal was an absolute superstar for me this week but it can never last. He'll do well on whatever line he's on when Sid and Geno are back, but can't keep up 80+ points pace. I'd be happy with 60+, and even that would be a massive breakthrough season for him.

Jagr has yet to do much, I'm keeping my eyes on him...

Shane Doan has had a great start, he'll be kept for a while yet.

Doughty injured for the next week, but can't really afford to lose him.

I had an unusual matchup when it came to the Goaltenders, I was quite comfortable in two categories (GAA and SV%) but way off the mark in W's and SHO's. I don't know if you were watching, Coeus, but at about 2am on Saturday night you were ahead in all 4 goaltending categories and I just about scraped through. Lehtonen is leading the league in W's, and Lundqvist is playing great stuff but has had a W yet. Not looking to make any changes there just yet anyway.
    Coeus wrote: »
    I prefer my power ranking over my league ranking :)

I'll take either of mine :)

You really pushed me last week even though the overall score didn't reflect it, there was never more than a big performance from one player separating us.
    cena wrote: »
    I think I'm last.:(.

I really don't know how this works

PM me and I'll answer any questions you have, it's really quite enjoyable once you know what you're doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I had an unusual matchup when it came to the Goaltenders, I was quite comfortable in two categories (GAA and SV%) but way off the mark in W's and SHO's. I don't know if you were watching, Coeus, but at about 2am on Saturday night you were ahead in all 4 goaltending categories and I just about scraped through. Lehtonen is leading the league in W's, and Lundqvist is playing great stuff but has had a W yet. Not looking to make any changes there just yet anyway.

I'll take either of mine :)

You really pushed me last week even though the overall score didn't reflect it, there was never more than a big performance from one player separating us.
    No I didnt see the updates as I was out Saturday night, you might have noticed I left 2 goals on the bench even though I had an inactive in my lineup. That wouldn't have happened if I sat at home. I was actually going to bench all my keeps Saturday as I had Ws and SHOs won and see if your guys would slip up but I had to set my team at 6 so I decided to roll the dice as I wasn't that far behind in the other cats. It almost paid off :) I doubt I'll have that good a week in keeping again this season...

We play again over the Christmas. Hopefully some of my guys who are off to a slow start are playing by then :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement