Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers benefit application - proof of and range of work applied for

Options
  • 17-10-2011 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello, I am going to apply for Jobseekers Benefit tomorrow (I'm quite sure I'm eligible) and I was wondering whether just how many jobs I will need to have shown I have applied for, and also whether the range of my applications which have been entirely in my field (entry programming jobs for a graduate computer scientist) is good enough - or will they expect me to have been applying for more medial jobs as well like retail or some such. Also will it matter if the responses I have are from some time ago?

Thanks for any input on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

If you have literally just become unemployed you really don't need a huge range of evidence. You don't even need to register with fas for a month.

If you are looking for a backdated claim they will probably ask for evidence that you were jobhunting.

Advertisement