Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS Wishlist

Options
  • 17-10-2011 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭

Just thought this might be a handy little idea thread. A combination of what you'd like to see on future iOS updates. iOS 5 has brought a lot of welcome changes. Still a few i'd like to see implemented.

Cross Platform Game-Saving: One big one for me is some sort of cross platform game saving method linked into iCloud. To explain better.. I sometimes pick up my iPhone and let's just say start a game of Angry Birds. Make a lot of progress and complete say 20 levels. Then later on I pick up my iPad and open Angry Birds and it's at the start and i've to do those 20 levels over. Really wish they had a way to auto-sync the game data so I can continue my Progress on the iPad.

Improved customization: I'd like to have a little more control over what apps etc i'd like to have and not have. More specifically the ability to remove some of the Stock App's that are built in. I never use the voice recording app, Newstand, Stocks, Notes and even the Official Weather App (I use a third party app). I wish they'd let you have the option to download it or not the way they have with iBooks. I realize some like Gamecentre are core to the iOS and can't be removed but that doesn't really bother me that much.

I'm pretty happy otherwise but those are two features i'd love to see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,113 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cross platform savin is an App Developer issue not iOS. The functionality mgiht even be there not depending on how apps save data

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

text message delivery reports would be nice. other than that, your point above about the pre-installed apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Better notification management.

I don't want apps send me notifications in the middle of the night, but I also don't want to stick the phone in airplane mode in case someone needs to call me. They should have a quiet period setting and you should be able to override this setting from apps like calendar appointments and alarms.

I don't need to see all my calendars in the notification bar, should be a setting to select which calendars to display.

Should also be able to see upcoming calendar appointments without having to unlock the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

An FM radio wouldn't go amiss. I suppose that's not really IOS's fault though.
    DubDJ wrote: »
    Improved customization: I'd like to have a little more control over what apps etc i'd like to have and not have. More specifically the ability to remove some of the Stock App's that are built in. I never use the voice recording app, Newstand, Stocks, Notes and even the Official Weather App (I use a third party app). I wish they'd let you have the option to download it or not the way they have with iBooks. I realize some like Gamecentre are core to the iOS and can't be removed but that doesn't really bother me that much.
    text message delivery reports would be nice. other than that, your point above about the pre-installed apps.

Jailbreaking sorts those two out.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Swipe left or right in Safari to go back or forward a page (kinda like it does for Mac users)

Also apps should all conform to some kind of rule that keeps them in landscape mode when the phone is turned with the home button at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,113 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Simon201 wrote: »
    Swipe left or right in Safari to go back or forward a page (kinda like it does for Mac users)

Also apps should all conform to some kind of rule that keeps them in landscape mode when the phone is turned with the home button at the top.
    It has the orientation lock feature already.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Mellor wrote: »
    It has the orientation lock feature already.

yes but its only 'portrait orientation lock'

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

As I said elsewhere yesterday..

How many goddamn software revisions will it take Apple to realise that toggling WiFi / Bluetooth / 3G / Airplane Mode etc should not take more than one keypress!

Bring in an iOS version of SBSettings for fecks sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

How many goddamn software revisions will it take Apple to realise that toggling WiFi / Bluetooth / 3G / Airplane Mode etc should not take more than one keypress!

Amen this drives me crazy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Basq wrote: »
    Yes - this! You have to wonder what they're thinking not providing a solution here.

Oh, and one of these.

tangent-uno-am-fm-radio.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Something like Bite SMS's quick reply functionality and personalised ringtones would be great along with SB Settings functionality. I don't think I'd bother jailbreaking again if it had those 2 options.

Advertisement