Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Wildfire - Skype - Wireless Connection

Options
  • 16-10-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

My Dad got a HTC Wildfire phone recently. He also got a wireless broadband router installed in the house. I've set up Skype for him on the phone but there is one problem:

I have setup the wireless broadband connection on his phone. But I cannot find a settings menu in the Skype program which allows me to choose between using his phone network's 3g signal and using the wireless broadband signal that he has in the house. There seems to be no way of knowing which of these signals his phone is using for Skype.

Do you know how to figure this out?

Best regards,
    Warrior Monk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Skype will use wifi for data first if it's connected and the mobile network second. You don't need to change any settings it happens automatically, the same is true for any other data.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Warrior Monk

Thanks Drunkmonkey, it's great to know that.

Best regards,
    Warrior Monk

Advertisement