Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding costs in Southwest Meath

Options
  • 16-10-2011 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

hi,

Trying to save a few bob on the home insurance - gone up again this year. I need to get a better idea of rebuilding costs. All the Chartered Surveyors info is useless unless you live in or around any of the major cities. Seems to me that the insurance companies use this to deliberately make you over-insure.

Anyhow, the house is a detached dormer bungalow - any idea of what is the rate per sq. ft ? Or perhaps what % of the Dublin costs would apply ?

thanks

Ix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Hd a lengthy talk with an insurance assessor on this when making a recent claim.Says to allow at least €110 per sq ft.

The prices quoted there are not far off and IMHO the vast majority of people are under insured. One thing to note was that it's not just rebuild cost but also demolition and site clearance that most folks don't even think about in the case of total loss. That must be included in rebuild costs whcpich then effects the premium.

Getting that spot on along with better details of contents should be paramount. Its something that annoys me cause most insurance companies will not help you get accurate rebuild costs prior to going with them.

Maybe taking a bigger excess or remove accidental cover will have a big impact on premium costs too.

Advertisement