Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMessage syncing across devices problem

Options
  • 16-10-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey,

I have iPhone 4 and iPad. I've noticed that the messages are not syncing across the two devices.
    Anyone else having this problem? And if so, any solutions?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

Hey,

I have iPhone 4 and iPad. I've noticed that the messages are not syncing across the two devices.

Thanks

Yes. Restrict receipts of iMessages on your iPhone to your phone number. On iPad to an email address.

Hey,

Thanks

Oh I misread that. You want both to receive the same messages? Then add the same email address to that which you have on iPad to the iPhone. Seemples.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AthenryLeads

Sorry - Just spotted your reply.
    Still having bother getting them syncing. I've tried to have them bother going to same email address but no luck. Have you seen this feature working in Ireland?

Thanks

Sorry - Just spotted your reply.
    Still having bother getting them syncing. I've tried to have them bother going to same email address but no luck. Have you seen this feature working in Ireland?

Thanks

Yes, I use it all the time.

What have you set your outgoing ID to on your iPhone? In order for you to receive the same messages across devices, then you must be sending from the same ID. If someone replies by iMessage to yours and the flagged ID was your phone number, then it's never going to appear on iPad as well.

Advertisement