Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it safe to block up roof/attic access holes now?

Options
  • 16-10-2011 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

We were plagued with about 4 nests of starlings last spring, and the screeches of the little feckers nearly drove me insane, and the running back and forth across the attic right over my room!

Ive heard some movement up there again in the last few weeks, but i think its too early for them yet, is it? And if so, i want to get ahead of the game and sort out the roof holes where they keep getting in and block them up before they arrive back.
    Is it safe to do that now?
    And should i set up some sort of nesting box down in the garden for them or will they just go find somewhere themselves.

I dont want to leave them high and dry but i also dont want them in my attic!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

Cherrycola wrote: »
    We were plagued with about 4 nests of starlings last spring, and the screeches of the little feckers nearly drove me insane, and the running back and forth across the attic right over my room!

Ive heard some movement up there again in the last few weeks, but i think its too early for them yet, is it? And if so, i want to get ahead of the game and sort out the roof holes where they keep getting in and block them up before they arrive back.
    Is it safe to do that now?
    And should i set up some sort of nesting box down in the garden for them or will they just go find somewhere themselves.

I dont want to leave them high and dry but i also dont want them in my attic!

Fine for starlings, as long as what you heard wasn't hibernating bats.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Jaysus! :eek:

I wont be going up to look, i'll send himself! :p

Advertisement