Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool Dishwasher Fault

Options
  • 15-10-2011 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone help with this,

F4. 4 Flashes. Draining failure. Drain pump, control board OWI or water indicator defect.

I have checked the pipes and water, it fills, but when it starts to drain after the first rinse stage it beeps and does not continue.

When I open it all the water is drained, so Im thinking its not the pump but I don't know.

Any tips ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

pressure switch can get stuck on these - what happens is when it fills it switches over - when it drains it fails to switch back to the rest position in a given time period . board reads this and goes to alarm mode - check pressure switch (water level indicator)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LostInDharma

I owe you a pint mate !

I basically took all the pipes going to the pump off and cleaned them and double checked all the contacts. Plus cleaned out the water exist pipe.

All working good again !!

Thanks !!!

EDIT: Spoke too soon :(
    Now my fault is reading TWO flashes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

two flashes is water leakage - you might have left a hose slightly undone or pinched -

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LostInDharma

knighted_1 wrote: »
    two flashes is water leakage - you might have left a hose slightly undone or pinched -

True enough , I did :)

All working again, nice one for your help knighted_1 !!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dannytipp

True enough , I did :)

All working again, nice one for your help knighted_1 !!!

Thanks

I have the same issue,how would I access the pressure switch?

• Advertisement
Advertisement