Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open University Registration

Options
  • 15-10-2011 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey everyone,

I registered for a module with OU on the 30 Nov. I opted to pay using there OUBSA system. I received an email the following morning confirming my intention to study with them and it said to expect all paperwork and credit agreement to arrive in the post in the next couple of days. I received a reference number and a student number also.

So I waited and waited. Two days ago I emailed them to say I had received nothing from them and I was anxious as the course was due to commence. This morning I received an email from them to say all paperwork had been dispatched on the 2 Oct. It also said that if I wanted to take part in the course I would have to pay the fees up front via debit/credit card as registration for that module was closing today.

So now I can't do the course I want to do because I didn't receive anything from them! I've double checked my address and name and spelling etc that I gave them on my contact information and all is correct. I also checked to see if it had been delivered to my home-place as both addresses are similar and sometimes the local postman will drop some of my post there. Again nothing. Doubt it's in the post office as they always leave one of those little slips in through your door if it is, but I will check tomorrow.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it possible to track where the post went even? I'm so angry :mad: ( I think this post is part question, part rant...mostly rant though!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think you will be fine.

I registered for B120 last April, got confirmation e-mails etc.

Then I registered for OUSBA and I got contracts sent from them after closing date.

If you are registered for course then that should be it.

I'm convinced a quick call to OU will sort matters out, they are quite flexible and understanding.

Advertisement