Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steering heavey on idle.

Options
  • 15-10-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

As above I notice my power steering on my 98 ducato 2.5 getting very heavy on idle and when I rev even slightly it is perfect.

I have checked PS fluid levels and topped it up a little (it wasn't low) but it made no difference.

I wonder is my PS pump starting to give trouble?

opinions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

check the belt isn't loose..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    check the belt isn't loose..

Thanks.... belt is fine i'm afraid.. fluid level is still good... at idle it's now like there is no power steering.. one touch of the throttle and you'd turn it with your finger....deffo getting worse over the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

shouldn't be too difficult pick up a pump. AFAIK it's the same on the later 2.8 engined ones . There's a mesh screen in the tank , check is it clean..

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

More than lightly the pump. I had a camper hired earlier this year (09 Transit Base) and it had the same problem. The Ford garage confirmed a new Power Steering pump was required.

Advertisement