Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great value to be had

Options
  • 15-10-2011 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

Saturday for Champions Day at Ascot.
    Bookies will be falling over themselves to give punters special offers, money back offers etc because of the day that's in it.
    Racing Post should be the 1st port of call to see who's doing what but expect great value as the different chains try to get the turnover that is around.
    Ladbrokes doing Money back 2nd to Frankel :D which is a super offer but it's only for 25 per customer :mad: and online only.
    Also Ladbrokes and Hills were 13/8 Man Utd tonight and you could lay them at 2.58 on Betfair.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hills go 2/5 Frankel if anyone wants to back him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Also Ladbrokes and Hills were 13/8 Man Utd tonight and you could lay them at 2.58 on Betfair.

Excuse my tired ignorance but where is the value in this?? Maybe my mind is phucked with tiredness but backing and laying works out at roughly the same only you will lose 5% commission on betfair if the lay wins (more likely).

Like I said though I'm extremely tired and probably am being a retard, please enlighten me anyone with a functioning brain.

80 quid win at 13/8 returns 210

80 quid lay at the same odds ensures 80 euro,liability 130.

Works out the same to me?

Yeah I got the same + lose 5% on commission. At least I know my brain isn't brokededed so, i can rest easy

Haha don't quote me on that. Working out maths at half two in the morning isn't my strong point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It was more the fact that the pair of them were bigger odds against Betfair.
    There are people who will back and lay the same selection at the same nett prices but that's for another thread.
    Ladbrokes, Hills & PP were all 7/4 MU this morning, didn't look great when it was announced Rooney wasn't starting :(.
    PP went money back fallers 4 races at Cheltenham.
    Hills went big EP So You Think.
    PP & Lads went 1/4 all races at Ascot & Cheltenham.
    PP enhanced Ruby Walsh's 4 rides.
    Boyles enhanced a load of horses at both Ascot & Cheltenham.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    It was more the fact that the pair of them were bigger odds against Betfair.

Ah cool I misunderstood.. thought there was some back and lay opportunity that I was completely missing the point with!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Same as that. Thread title and post were a bit misleading.

Advertisement