Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Styling forms etc. for multi-language sites

Options
  • 14-10-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I sometimes have to do the layout for ecommerce sites that will be internationalised at a later stage. A common problem I seem to have is styling (especially) forms so that their labels maintain a consistent width. The forms can be quite long with all sorts if weird tax numbers to be filled in, with multiple text input fields and checkboxes etc. on the same line.

So far I have either resorted to a fixed width or using a table but there must be some better solutions. I have looked at some frameworks as I think I'll try to use one anyway (probably 960gs or Blueprint) in the next project but their forms examples don't look particularly inspiring.

Some folks seem to use javascript to style their forms, maybe I'll try that. I just would like to hear what others do, any thoughts?

Advertisement