Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance claim

Options
  • 14-10-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

I am after having a leak with my chimney because of a recent fire. I have put the repairs through insurance. I have just gotten the first cheque through in the post. I have a feeling the job that needs to be done wont need the full amount of money that has been offered by the insurance company.Is there any way around getting the full amount ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

If they have sent an assessor out then he clearly thinks that what ever they have offered will cover the cost.Have you taken the excess into account?

You can get an independent assessor to inspect it at your own expense,doesnt mean he will put a larger figure on it.

What makes you think the figure offered wont cover it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

trepasers wrote: »
    I am after having a leak with my chimney because of a recent fire. I have put the repairs through insurance. I have just gotten the first cheque through in the post. I have a feeling the job that needs to be done wont need the full amount of money that has been offered by the insurance company. Is there any way around getting the full amount ??
    Very confusing post, do you mean the insurance company gave you too much or too little?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oliviaskye

hi...,
    if you don't satisfied with insurance company's decision then you can consult with individual loss assessor, discuss your problem and take suggestion to solve this case from them. they will definitely give the right choice which you can select.
    thank you,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Very confusing post, do you mean the insurance company gave you too much or too little?
    I'm reading his post that he wants to effect less repairs than has been recommended by his insurers :confused:

I misread his post,thought he wasnt getting enough.

It doesnt make much sense.
    :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭trepasers

Sorry lads for the confusion....
    I got my own accesor to come and give an estimate.
    Turns out that the chimney only had to be knocked half way there fore saving alot of money. The insurance company is obviously goin to look for receipts. Smaller job means i will be getting less of the (e.g €3000)...any way i can still get the €3000

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sorry lads for the confusion....
    I got my own accesor to come and give an estimate.
    Turns out that the chimney only had to be knocked half way there fore saving alot of money. The insurance company is obviously goin to look for receipts. Smaller job means i will be getting less of the (e.g €3000)...any way i can still get the €3000

:confused:

Why do you need €3k if it is not going to cost you €3k?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭trepasers

would be handy to get another few jobs done around the house

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yeah insurance doesn't work that way.

Is this a joke :confused:

It's one thing committing insurance fraud, it's another thing telling everyone on the internet that you're doing it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The mind boggles :mad:

would be handy to get another few jobs done around the house

I hope you try to get more than you're entitled to and I hope you get found out.

Its people like you and with that kind of attitude that have caused the insurance rates for honest people to go up and for those making genuine claims to be pulled over the coals.

Shame on you,seriously,shame on you.

It used to be the case that when people got caught fiddling a claim that the insurer just didn't pay out. I don't think enough people realise that it is now a criminal offence to attempt to defraud an insurer.

Go for it OP, let us know how you beat all the fail safe procedures that insurers have developed over the years, it won't end well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

Wow when I read this first, I thought, how honest of the OP, he is looking for less money than the insurance company is offering. Seems I got it very wrong. This is why all of our permiums are hitting the roof. OP take the amount you need to fix the problem and be glad you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Silver 1234

Insurance is for covering the costs of damages only. Stop taking advantage and increasing our premiums. You should have more sense. Where is your sense of shame

Advertisement