Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graffiti in Bray

Options
  • 14-10-2011 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

1st time poster under this username - i never was reunited with my old account :(.
    Anyway, mods, this is a bit of a rant, if it belongs in the Rant forum let me know but i just wanted to keep it local.
    I am very annoyed about the increase in Graffiti in the town even aside from the "such and such is a RAT" comments.
    I was absolutely fuming last night however, as after returning from the supermarket (half hour trip) my newly painted gate had been sprayed on. The culprit had gone on up the road and sprayed two more walls and one more gate, in his lovely pink spray.
    I have to admit, in my moment of anger if i had caught the culprit i'm not sure how many clips round the ear i would have dished out.
    What would the rest of you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Bray is the graffiti capital of the South East, I thought it's official policy to encourage it? Certainly this is the impression that one gets arriving on the train from Dublin. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

I had a fear thats what the perception was alright
    Oh well, suppose the cheeky little monkey was only doing whats normal then...

Puts on Doc Martins.....

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Please do not advocate violence or breaking the law in this forum

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Community Police Bray

Hi sorry to hear about your Graffiti problem, generally a swift clean up is advocated to lessen the attraction of more of the same.
    You can report the problem to the station 6665300, we would like to see the "tag".
    This link may have information of some assistance.

With regards to the future Bray tidy Towns is always looking for volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Community Police Bray

Please do not advocate violence or breaking the law in this forum

I would second this ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Well I noticed the new graffiti on the railwaybridge walls on Bray head the other day. Silver paint so its probably the same skangers that did the old church ruins a few months ago. I only saw the new graffiti because I and scores of families and other dog walkers had to change our minds about a walk in the old golf course field at the scenic car park and walk down to the beach instead. The reason?? 2 usual suspects on a full size scrambler motorbike tearing around the field at 50 or 60 miles an hour. Luckily everyone turned back when they realised that they weren't hearing chainsaws on the farmland up the head but a motorbike in the second half of the old golf links on the other side of the hedge. Had anyone pressed on and happened to pass through the gaps to the otherside at the same time the lads were racing through on the bikes, well there would have been a huiman or indeed animal fatality. That was one of the problems. The lads weren't confining themselves to the far field but every few minutes bursting through the gaps, flying up to the chapel ruins and then whooring back to the other field

The guards were in the scenic carpark when I arrived to show their faces after a call by a raheen resident or walker I presume but it looks like the walk into the field to have a chat with the lads might have been too much effort. I can only assume this as the guards left soon after I arrived and the lunatics were still making the mother of all rackets and belting around the field at 60mph when I got back to the car from my forced walk to the beach an hour later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Depressing stuff. I really despair for Bray (and many other towns) where the Gardai will not do their job properly. From my own direct experience they appear utterly clueless at dealing with low-level public order issues. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Mango Salsa
    Apologies, it was a light hearted comment but completely agree, out of place.

Community Police, I have painted over the graffiti now but the "tag" is still present on other walls and gates further up the road (and i have a pic on my phone) so i might drop in and show it.

I was lucky to miss the scramblers on Bray head the other day while walking my dogs, but judging by their tracks they were not slow!!

With regard to Gardai and low level public order offences, i agree somewhat that the offenders seem oblivious to any threats from the authorities, but in the case of Bray I will defend the Gardai and say that they do have their hands full at the moment. I lived all my life in Bray and it is getting a lot worse now and judging by the helicopter at 2am this morning (i'm guessing it wasn't a rich neighbour coming home...) there must have been more trouble of some sort.

I have taken on board the comment re volunteers but most of my spare time is taken up as a volunteer with a local sports club.

Here's hoping the cold snap will make the nasty ones stay indoors!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Sally I think I know the tag your on about and it is everywhere in little bray. Really annoying that the little fukcers don't think about other people when they do this and make the place look like a kip. They shouldn't be doing it anywhere but it especially annoys me when they do it on red brick, how the hell are you supposed to get it off??? At least you can paint over on other walls. Not that they care....

Advertisement