Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confusion over my application

Options
  • 14-10-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'm a final year arts student in Maynooth and have today signed up to the PAC website with a wish to apply to read for the MLitt in Trinity. I had perviously heard that one applies for a Masters degree with their second year results and this doesn't really suit as I received less than the required second for that year. Can anyone shed light as to whether this is in fact true; that one applies for a masters on the back of their second year results?

Very best,
    Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Unless the system has recently changed thats not the case. You apply on the basis of your degree results and there should be a provision to enter your expected result and you can be accepted on the basis that you achieve that mark. It may be the case that your second year results will account for a portion of your final mark all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 laney22

I can't remember exactly but I think you can either apply with your degree result or your expected result. You might have to submit your transcripts from all years but any offer will be made based on your final result or the expected one

Advertisement