Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scabie Furniture/Matress spray?

Options
  • 14-10-2011 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi All

Long story made short , kids party in my house , about 5-6 kids not too many aged between 4-6. It came to light after the party that one had scabies.... yeah i know who brings a kid with scabies to a party right.
    Anyway , I found out about 4 weeks ago and now my daughter is getting rash and is itchy at night (the last week or so).
    so went the doctor and confrimed scabies , so the whole family took the treatment , wash all the clothes , hoover everything thats fine.

Question is : is there a spray for furniture/sofa/matress to kill this mite? Im very aware that re infecting is the main problem with this.

Anyone that could point me to a website or maybe any advice from own experience.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

And here's me not knowing what scabies were.

Anyway, solution: Fire

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    And here's me not knowing what scabies were.
    You're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Firstly, ew. What sort of person allows their child out to a party when they know they have scabies?!! Unfortunately I've gone through this hassle myself-a workmate had it and as a family member was going through chemotherapy and had zero immune system to speak of, I couldn't take the chance on catching it. I don't know of any sprays you can buy, but wash all your clothes and bedding in the hottest wash you can and then tumble dry on high heat. Hoover every room thoroughly, and use a steam cleaner on the furniture. Keep yourselves scrupulously clean and make the kids scrub under their nails, they will scratch themselves without knowing and reinfect if you don't watch them like a hawk. Keep slapping on the cream!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

eeeeewwwww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 battydee

So I know it's like 3 years later but did any of you try the lyclear cream and find you were itching like mad afterwards. I don't know what's going on in my house but I'm at my wits end. All started in September this year and I haven't a clue if I'm paranoid about itching or if I'm crazy. It's been a nightmare. I'm a pretty level headed woman but this thing has really driven me to the brink. Any advise welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Burning the house down will clear the infestation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

battydee wrote: »
    So I know it's like 3 years later but did any of you try the lyclear cream and find you were itching like mad afterwards. I don't know what's going on in my house but I'm at my wits end. All started in September this year and I haven't a clue if I'm paranoid about itching or if I'm crazy. It's been a nightmare. I'm a pretty level headed woman but this thing has really driven me to the brink. Any advise welcomed.

Were you on holidays in September? Could be bed bugs. You won't see them. They come out at night at eat you. Check your bed,mattress for dirt, black spots. You dont want bed bugs, impossible to get rid off. You'll wish you have scabies.

Any pets, could be fleas, use a flea spot on and wash the pets bedding at high temperature and hoover the house.

If that doesn't work burn the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Maybe try a household spray for fleas - might also kill other insects and mites. Indorex and Acclaim are brands widely available in vets wnd petshops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 battydee

I did go away to a hotel for a night in cork. Is it possible for bed bugs to stay in your clothes and bite you. This has been 3 months of pure hell. Never dealt with anything like this before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

An old remedy from my area is to smear Cahills blood on the effected area.

Got any friends or neighbours named Cahill that don't mind being stabbed/slashed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Bed bugs will leave bite marks as far as I know. Often in a line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

battydee wrote: »
    I did go away to a hotel for a night in cork. Is it possible for bed bugs to stay in your clothes and bite you. This has been 3 months of pure hell. Never dealt with anything like this before.

You could be allergic to the washing powder you're using.

Bed bugs wouldn't stay in your clothes. They hate movement. If you move, they will run off back to where they are hiding.

If you stayed in a hotel, you could have picked them up in your luggage and brought them home.

The most common place to find them is around your bed. You won't see the bugs themselves as they're hiding. But check your bed, mattress, sheets for black marks. Lift up the mattress for signs of a dirty mattress with black spots. YouTube it on how to check for bed bugs. It will almost sicken you.

They come out at night to feed on you. They're gross.

The problem is, you need to find out what it is and treat it cause you could be treating the wrong thing.

Advertisement