Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fork Seals

Options
  • 14-10-2011 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any idea how much it will cost to get my fork seals done, it's a 04 GSXR 600. Only got them done about 2 or 3 months ago and the same seal seems to be perished again!!!!!!:mad:

Im in the north dublin area so any advice on good shops or mechanics would be great to complete the job too

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Check there isnt rust or damage to the fork leg which is ripping the seal. If there is, it will just wreck your new ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭txpjl

Who is good at doing forks here in Ireland? My 600rr still has stock units and I need to get them upgraded. '05 model.

Any idea how much that would cost?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

Anyone got any idea how much it will cost to get my fork seals done, it's a 04 GSXR 600. Only got them done about 2 or 3 months ago and the same seal seems to be perished again!!!!!!:mad:

What kind of mileage is on the new seals? they should last alot longer than that unless you have the king on the back wheel more often then not or your flying over speed bumps alot!

As already said see if there is any rust spots on the fork stanchions might be nicking the seals every time the forks compress.

Try to use Suzuki oem seals some spurious ones are not the best.
    txpjl wrote: »
    Who is good at doing forks here in Ireland? My 600rr still has stock units and I need to get them upgraded. '05 model.

Any idea how much that would cost?

Thanks

Probably about €100 for stiffer or progressive springs (parts only)
    Add in the price of new seals and labour; could try heavier fork oil as well.

Advertisement