Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II and meteor

Options
  • 13-10-2011 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am to planning to buy Samsung Galaxy S II with Meteor. I went in today but they were out of stock. Could anyone please tell me if they have bought S II with meteor, how much they paid for the phone. I will be going for bill pay, but the phone cost will be 229 euros + 35 euros monthly (35 euro plan)..

Was it cheaper sometime back? i.e. was the phone a bit cheaper and now coz of the demand they have increased it?

Just wanted to confirm whether i am correct or not..

Reply is really appreciated
    Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

I bought the Galaxy S2 from the Meteor website for €140; €30/month; 12 month contract. The price has since gone up to €190.

They may also ask for a deposit (€130 in my case) which they pay back after 7 months. Sign up with Fatcheese and get €40 cashback, if it's a new Meteor contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

139 for 30 a month, last ~august i paid for mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

Early adopter so I got stung for €250, plus €30 a month x 18, minus a fiver for 12 months. Such is life...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

i paid €149 for phone, 6 months €15 a month, 6 months €30 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

I paid €219 for phone (getting €40 back on Fatcheese), and then it's €30 a month for 12 months. Sick though as a couple of weeks ago, the phone was only €169 (as far as i remember)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 manpad_manpex

I got mine 3 months ago..paid either 150 or 160 on a 20 euro/pm 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭kknitter

Looks like I will have to pay 219 and 30 euro monthly :( really sick.... annoyed that they increase it so quickly... Will i get online discount if I buy it from shop (May be push them a bit for it)... i know wont be possible.. just pushing my luck though....

Regret not buying it earlier ... :(

Thanks a lot for the link Jilm.... really appreciate it... didn't know about Fatcheese :)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

try calling them up also, they sometimes have offers for returning customers, leaving customers, new customers (everyone :))

the shop often cant do anything for you in terms of discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

I got mine about 3 weeks ago. The online store was out of stock so I went to an actual shop and did it there. 139 euro and then 30 euro a month. None of this deposit stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Just got a call from Meteor saying they want a €300 deposit! They can go f@#k themselves...I've been a loyal customer for, it must be over 10years now. I've heard so many bad things about 3, I think I'll give them a miss. Any cheap packages with other operators I should know about (do not want to spend more than €30 a month)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

in on this

Hi Improbable, 3 weeks back you paid 139 euors???? Thats a great deal.. in 3 weeks the price is 229??

The actual shop was out of stock yesterday.. so i am waiting for it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

fletch wrote: »
    Just got a call from Meteor saying they want a €300 deposit! They can go f@#k themselves...I've been a loyal customer for, it must be over 10years now. I've heard so many bad things about 3, I think I'll give them a miss. Any cheap packages with other operators I should know about (do not want to spend more than €30 a month)

Take the bad things you read about on internet forums with a barrowfull of salt. They are a miniscule minority of what will largely be thousands upon thousands of happy customers. Best thing to do when assessing a mobile service provider, is get a sim from them all and put it in an unlocked phone and triall it in your normal routine. If if bears up signal-wise, you can pick the most suitable plan from the the provider of your choice. I have had phones with all the networks and the two I will not return to on purely financial grounds are O2 & Vodafone. They are just not competitive any more.I have had no problems with Meteor or Three over the past 3 yrs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did ye all get it on bill or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭marathonic

I got it on August 4th for €139.99 on the 12 month, €30 per month contract with 200 mins, 200 texts and 1GB data.

I also for the €40 FatCheese rebate so the phone only cost me €99.99. I was lucky enough not to be asked for a deposit.

I had considered waiting to see what the iPhone 5 (it's the iPhone 4S but I'd been expecting a 5) offered.

I'm glad I made the right choice because:
    • the phone is now €50 more expensive
    • I'll be 1/4 of the way through my contract when the iPhone 4S comes out on Irish networks
    • I'm not that impressed with the iPhone 4S

I'm quite happy with Android and will probably not move back - but we'll see what's available next August.

Other things that make me like Android as opposed to iPhone is the fact that iPhone plans are generally longer and more expensive and, also, there's new Android phones coming out every couple of months - no waiting about for months for the new iPhone.

If I was going for one now, I'd go with the TescoMobile.ie offer that started on Monday - €55 per month on an 18 month contract with 1000 minutes, 1000 texts and 2GB data (and the phone is free). Tesco is on O2's network so the coverage should be identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

kknitter wrote: »
    Hi Improbable, 3 weeks back you paid 139 euors???? Thats a great deal.. in 3 weeks the price is 229??

The actual shop was out of stock yesterday.. so i am waiting for it ..

I actually called all the shops that were in range of me that I could find on their website and checked which ones had them in stock. And specifically asked if I could get the online deal in-store. They set one aside for me and the guy had pretty much set everything up for me by the time I got down there.

Advertisement