Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Binman in trouble

Options
  • 13-10-2011 6:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/600-jobs-at-risk-as-examiner-appointed-to-waste-company-2904547.html

Lads/Ladies id ask ye all again before you post here to remember that employees of mr binman are tonight in a horrible position. Whether you have had good or bad dealings with Mr binman I would ask you to have some consideration that some employees may read this forum.

Ahal ive edited your post as im sure you would agree the loss of a lot of jobs isnt reallythat funny

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

phog wrote: »
    Regardless of it being 600 or 200 I really cant see how it's a big lol.

I take it your not one of the workers or one of their dependents, if you were I think your concern would be greater.

My biggest concern is for human life. And you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Ahal ive given you an infraction. I'm going to ask once more that you refrain from posting that this is a blessing to the employees or that your delighted the company is in trouble and have some consideration for the employees. If i have to visit this thread again ill be closing it for good.

have some consideration for the employees

You deleted my reply during which I fully explained where I was coming from. The above is a complete mis-representation of my perspective, which you deleted.

Ironically, having done my research on how Mr. Binman is where it's at, the plight of employees was actually central to my arguement.

I hope you don't ban me again 'The drifter' for disagreeing with you, but I've noticed that other people have made the very points I was making (before you edited / deleted them in order to make it appear that my remarks justified your indignation)

Just for correctness and honesty, let me once more point out that (as explained / deleted) I was not having a laugh at anyone losing their jobs, but I did express an opinion on the value of employers like this. That can happen on forums ... they tend to attract opinions :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ahal wrote: »
    I hope you don't ban me again 'The drifter' for disagreeing with you, but I've noticed that other people have made the very points I was making (before you edited / deleted them in order to make it appear that my remarks justified your indignation)

Just for correctness and honesty, let me once more point out that (as explained / deleted) I was not having a laugh at anyone losing their jobs, but I did express an opinion on the value of employers like this. That can happen on forums ... they tend to attract opinions :rolleyes:

I'll say this one here so that everyone can see it, openly and honestly.

If you make an honest point, without resorting to inflammatory language, and make some effort to back it up, you won't get in trouble.

If you PM a mod to query their action, instead of making a barney out of it on-thread, you won't get banned.

Whatever got you site-banned for a week is irrelevant here. Remember the two points above, lose the sarcasm, and we'll all get along just fine.

• Advertisement

If you PM a mod to query their action, instead of making a barney out of it on-thread, you won't get banned..

I hate to point this out, but sending a pm to the moderator was the reason he site-banned me lol! Apparently it was 'abusive', in that 'abusive' means I didn't agree with the Mod.

Whatever got you site-banned for a week is irrelevant here. Remember the two points above, lose the sarcasm, and we'll all get along just fine.

Please see above.

I don't post anything intentionally 'inflammatory', though I made a mistake in my OP which was a 'reason' to delete the other 90% of it that wasn't inappropriate, apparently, along with my subsequent apology / explanation. I have no problem with being corrected, but I do have a problem with someone taking a stand and then deleting all of my replies in order to protect that stand.

Just to clarify, discuss on thread - ban
    Discuss via P.M. - ban
    Opinion - ban
    Explain yourself - posts deleted

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ahal wrote: »
    I hate to point this out, but sending a pm to the moderator was the reason he site-banned me lol! Apparently it was 'abusive', in that 'abusive' means I didn't agree with the Mod.

the drifter didn't site-ban you. An Administrator did. You have to screw up fairly royally in a Private Message to get site-banned for it.

And to be totally honest with you, right here and now, you're screwing up again in this thread.

Stop discussing the actions of the moderators in-thread.

I cannot possibly make that any clearer.

It's off-topic, it's inaccurate, it's annoying. And guess what? It's still not welcome here. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement