Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub with Dance Floor For New Class

Options
  • 13-10-2011 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi I'm just wondering if there's any pubs in Galway City that have a wooden floor? I want to start a new dance class and I'm finding it difficult to get a location. One place wanted to charge €100.

Since I'm just starting I'm hoping to find somewhere that's either free or a bit more reasonable than that. I'd be bringing customers in and pubs are generally pretty empty midweek 7-9pm anyway.

Any ideas?
    Does anyone go to any classes in town? where are they located?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

An Pucan upstairs, they used to have swing dancing classes there anyway. No idea how much it will cost ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Claddagh Hall maybe, I used to go to ceili classes there few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,782 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Zzippy wrote: »
    An Pucan upstairs, they used to have swing dancing classes there anyway. No idea how much it will cost ya...

I believe it will cost installing an additional fire exit. Good luck with that.

OP, try checking the places that host swing classes on other nights (google it). Presumably they have good enough floors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Galway swing have used a few of the pubs around, and still may have a hold on some of the dancefloor pubs..

Pucan
    The Vic
    Buskers
    Kellys

Then there's the Woodquay Boat club, Aras na Gael

Advertisement