Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salesians Primary

Options
  • 13-10-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi there
    going to move my little boy to Salesians prmary in the New Year - wondered what experiences anyone has of it - or does anyone know what its like :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Salesians Primary? On the NCR/Fernbank....
    The primary school there is girls only.
    The pre primary is co-ed and is a fantastic school!
    My own son finished there this year and I must say the teachers, Principal and all the support staff there are 1st rate...
    I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

The Salesian Infant School in Fernbank is from Junior Infants to First Class and its a brilliant school. The Principal is a lovely caring lady.

I don't think I've ever heard a bad word said about it - which says a lot.

Oops, are you talking about the Salesian in Caherdavin?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 greengirl1968

Hi there, thanks for the info - am a little confused though - are there two salesians then? one mixed and one for girls only..

am talking about the one in Fernbank/NCR which caters for children until the end of first class and then they move to the JFK. Is there another Salesians in Caherdavin. Am grateful for the feedback, its re-assuring to know it has a good reputation as a good school

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya the one in NCR caters for boys up to 1st class and then they move on to JFK. I'm a past pupil myself, nearly 20 years ago now, but it was nearly all nuns teachin then, was awful we could get away with nothing ha ha. All in all as an adult looking in it is a very good school for a child to start out in. It's around a long time and I have never heard a bad thing about it. There is a decent system there for kids moving from Salesians to JFK and then 9 times out of 10 on to Ard Scoil Ris.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

There are three Salesian Schools in Fernbank!!

The Salesian Infant School which caters for boys and girls up to 1st Class.

Then after 1st Class most boys go on to the JFK National School which caters for Boys only from 2nd - 6th Class. And most of the girls go on to the Salesian Primary School which caters for Girls only from 2nd - 6th Class.

Then there is the Salesian Secondary School which caters for Girls Only.

In Caherdavin there is a Salesian Girls School and I know there is another Boys school but I'm not sure if its run by the Salesians.

The JFK School is being rebuilt at the moment - it should be fabulous when it gets finished. I'm sure it will be by the time your son is there.

However, the recent figures for boys transferring from the JFK to Ard Scoil aren't as good as Jofspring mentions. In the last couple of years, Ard Scoil seem to have been a bit more picky and not taken all the boys expected to get places from the JFK. But all boys living in the Holy Rosary Parish are guaranteed places in Ard Scoil - at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement