Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJing abroad..

Options
  • 13-10-2011 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hey,
    DJin for nearly six years 300 plus gigs complete so I reckon I at least alright at the job.

thinkin of going abroad to dj for summer holidays from college.
    Do some club/bar gigs in Spain etc..?

Dont have a fiddlers where to start??

anyhelp??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Ibiza would be the logical choice, if your in any way half decent you should get gigs no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frankspencer

thanks ibiza even the small bars has serious dj's and supply seems to greater than demand. was thinking of a cruise ship dj cant seem to find any ifo on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Get onto bars in the usual spots like crete, tenerife etc.

or you could go down the ski resort path

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭gazmc18

A few years ago i got offered a gig in a bar in Greece for the summer.got it real easy tbh, just applied to them, then had a chat with the owner over the phone. Money was ok too compared to bar work, around €700 a week plus accomodation and you could eat in the bar for free. You pay for flight over and they pay it back at end of summer. Only thing you had to be there 7 nights a week, but nights they had bands on you were basically off. Long story but turned it down so never actually played abroad but seemed handy enough to get. Probaly wrong time of year to be looking now though. Start contacting places around March id imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frankspencer

thanks just looking into at the moment 700 is very good!i reckon once new year starts il be able to get the ball rolling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement