Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big mess up tonight.

Options
  • 12-10-2011 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Ok looking for some advice. At 20.41 tonight I placed a bet on Betfair, for over 1.5 goals in the Accrington/Tranmere game. I was on tilt, after losing few pound earlier, so I placed my entire bankroll of €166.20 on it at 1.25. It was in live betting, with game scoreless and 18 minutes gone.
    I checked back maybe 10 or 15 minutes later and it was still at 18 minutes and scoreless. So i tried to refresh the page, and stlll the same thing. So then I went on to Pady Power and discovered Tranmere were a goal up, and it was 20 minutes into the second half. The live in play betting had frozen, and a thread had started up on it on the forum. I didn't know what to do, so after posting on the forum, I was advised to e mail them ASAP and tell them I wanted the bet cancelled, which i did. I could have cashed out from €80 down, but held off waiting for the reply. I was saying s**t or bust to myself, that I'll definitely get the bet refunded, as I had e mailed them during the game.
    Still haven't heard anything from them. Where do I stand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GOKDublin

Stop gambling your last penny's away and get a life. Retard!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Gee thanks for that reply. Any chance of getting this guy banned??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

GOKDublin wrote: »

Wow you signed up to boards today,went to the trouble of thinking up that wonderful username just to post that one comment. Very helpful !

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

From their Terms & Conditions:

We are not liable for the failure of any equipment or software howsoever caused, wherever located or administered, or whether under our direct control or not, that may prevent the operation of the Services, impede the placing of offers for bets or the matching of bets, or prevent you from being able to contact us.

I'd imagine they'll just say it's not their problem. Also, more relevantly:

Information Services
    From time to time Betfair may provide you with access to various information and content (e.g. form data, results, video streaming) via our site (including micro-sites and as part of any runner data and/or results service), the Telephone Betting Service, emails or any other means of communication. Further Betfair may provide you with links to third party websites which may include information.

This information is supplied "as is" and for guidance only. Use of such information is entirely at your own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Betfair makes no representations or warranties of any kind, including but not limited to, the accuracy, quality or completeness of the information.

Betfair shall not be liable for any action taken by you as a result of your relying on any of this information or for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you using such information or any third party website linked to Betfair.

Any links to third party websites do not constitute an endorsement by Betfair of any products or services available on such websites. You use such websites at your own risk and Betfair takes no responsibility for the content on, or use of, such websites.

Ah feck....so that's it...haven't a leg to stand on? So everytime I want to place a live bet, I have to check other websites to make sure the score etc are correct...bull!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

Yeah, I think you'll have to treat this as an expensive lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

GOKDublin wrote: »

I would say your in more need of a life if your going through the hassle off setting up an account to personally abuse someone.

Slookie on the other hand this is horrible and maybe this can be a lesson to you. If your tiliting enough to place your bankroll on what i presume is an impulsive bet then you could have a problem. Gambling is full of up and downs and alot of downs. If your going to place your bankroll chasing when your having a bad run your going to go down the road of depression. Hopefully it is a once off and your luck will turn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Another betfair cockup it would seem, no wonder people are leaving in there droves to purple.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I would say your in more need of a life if your going through the hassle off setting up an account to personally abuse someone.

Slookie on the other hand this is horrible and maybe this can be a lesson to you. If your tiliting enough to place your bankroll on what i presume is an impulsive bet then you could have a problem. Gambling is full of up and downs and alot of downs. If your going to place your bankroll chasing when your having a bad run your going to go down the road of depression. Hopefully it is a once off and your luck will turn.

Ah no it's not like that. I had my initial deposit plus €100 extra withdrawn, so essentially it wasn't my money.....but at the same time f**k it! So mad, and they just replied to their e mail quoting what was already said here...ie live feeds are not our responsibility. Bye bye Betfair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Another betfair cockup it would seem, no wonder people are leaving in there droves to purple.

Purple?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

First I ever heard of it

Can you back and lay on this purple yoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭J-Fit

mikemac wrote: »

No he means Betdaq. OP, of more concern to me would be your overall discipline. You'll never win long term if you keep blowing banks. I lost 12.5% of my bank roll today and I'm bloody sick but I'm 100% confident I'll claw it back. If you be patient, you will do so but you've got to disengage emotionally.

Advertisement