Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacking Event

Options
  • 12-10-2011 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

WIT will be hosting a hacking event at some point in the next few months. Hope to have a variety of hacking events and talks. Will be trying to get as many teams from different colleges down. Teams from outside college will be also welcome.

If anyone is interested, just keep it in the back of their mind and maybe inform any computer societies about the event. Also - If anyone is interested in giving a charitable talk on any security related topic, it would be most welcomed :)

Will give a date for the event soon - but I'd imagine it will be at some point early next year.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

If you get a website up please post an announcement here. Whether it gets to stay or not would be heavily influenced by boards.ie security forum members getting some form of discount :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

The cost will be minimal, don't worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fcerullo

hi there,

Please let me know date, etc and will try to get some traction from colleges.

thanks,

Fabio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

will you be teaching people on the linux BackTrack?

We won't be teaching anyone anything. It will be an event with talks, workshops and a challenge :) You will learn a thing or two at it.

Date is looking like mid or late January. Still working on it provisionally. Good reception so far! If anyone would be interested in giving a talk on any topic, please drop me a PM.

Will have a website up soon.

Thanks Fabio!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Will you guys be streaming it? I've moved to America but I would like to catch this.

Doubtful bud. Will get some videos up after the event though for sure!

PS: Event may be moved to early Feb, as a few have indicated Jan is a busy month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Cool man, cheers for that. I won't be back in .ie until August next year I would say so I'd like to see the videos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

**Subscribed..

This sounds interesting. I'm in Griffith College Dublin.

When details are confirmed i'll try round up a few peeps to go down :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement