Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benson & Hedges

Options
  • 12-10-2011 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Don't smoke myself but at work today 2 guys I was at lunch were talking about how recently they have found B&H cigarettes seem to be going out on them.

Anyone have a clue what the problem could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Perhaps it's something to do with this thread.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

My mam smokes silk cut purple and she's noticed it too, same with her friend who smokes major. I smoke marlboro lights but haven't noticed it in them. Must be bringing it in gradually!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My mam smokes silk cut purple and she's noticed it too, same with her friend who smokes major. I smoke marlboro lights but haven't noticed it in them. Must be bringing it in gradually!

Ya must be. I'm silk cut blue and have been noticing the same thing in the last couple of packs I've smoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Thought I was going mad!!!! Was noticing this in the last few days with my Benson & Hedges!! Once again boards.ie hs saved me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 johnwatt

Never had this problem, been smoking them for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Smoke Benson myself and one of mine went out the other day.

Realised what was wrong when I read the thread on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Never been in the smoking forum till now, but was just going to create a thread to ask the same question:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

came here looking for the answer, you didnt let me down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have no problems with John Players :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dub88

I got a normal pack of Benson today must be the old stock still there yum yum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bowl_of_rice

from what I have seen on the net, the paper that is used is being manufactured from a more fire retardant material, so the paper will only burn for a short period of time. If you do not continue to add air to the cigarette (i.e. take a drag) the cigarette will extinguish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

from what I have seen on the net, the paper that is used is being manufactured from a more fire retardant material, so the paper will only burn for a short period of time. If you do not continue to add air to the cigarette (i.e. take a drag) the cigarette will extinguish.

While it is a bit of an irritation I do support the move. We had a recent tragedy in my town where a man fell asleep with a lit cig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

i only notice it in some of the B&H boxes i buy :/ it is a good idea but does force you to smoke quicker. Ie buying more and more!
    think the producers saw it as a golden opertunity to make more money more than anything else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Oh this is intentional? Fucking irritating is what it is. I stopped buying Benson because I got tired of re-lighting them.
    Lighter companies mustn't be selling enough lighters. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Bloody irritating is right and to make matters worse when I looked for info on the packet to see where they are manufactured so I could write to complain there was nothing!...and to add insult to injury when I tried their website it won't let you in unless you're in the UK?!! I for one am finished with B&H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

peking97 wrote: »
    when I looked for info on the packet to see where they are manufactured so I could write to complain there was nothing!
    It's printed on the inside, look on the flap that folds under the lid.
    JTI Ireland Ltd., Block D, Cookstown Court, Old Belgard Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gary L

Im pretty sure the reason factory cigarettes burn longer than rollies is the benzene content. Maybe they've cut down on the use of that. Been noticing the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Guinness69

Gary L wrote: »
    Im pretty sure the reason factory cigarettes burn longer than rollies is the benzene content. Maybe they've cut down on the use of that. Been noticing the same problem.
    Driving mad too. Perhaps it's a safety thing to stop fires

Could it be a safety thing. Perhaps they could be done for starting fires. Or perhaps they found something in the paper that causes cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Guinness69 wrote: »
    Or perhaps they found something in the paper that causes cancer

<mod snip>

• Advertisement

Na couldn't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I've yet to come across these. Any B&H I bought recently is in limited edition packaging. No change to blend or paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

I phoned them- new eu regulation has to go out to stop fires happening when people fall asleep with cig lighting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

So B&H recently changed the design on their packs (by adding images of skyscapers) and insert a little card inside now telling us that nothing has changed with the smokes themselves.

Now I know why.

Clever(ish) diversion tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

But they no longer taste the same:mad: I have moved from the gold to the silver as the gold were making me feel unwell:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

I changed to benson 100's (same price, just bigger ) but no there same , going out every 30 seconds or so :/

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

I havent smoked bensons in a while up until last week, seems like a totally different fag altogether, not the same drag and also seems to cut the throat out of me.

Its back to the golden virginia for me anyway.

Advertisement