Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruby on Rails, Linux & Windows

Options
  • 12-10-2011 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have a Windows 7 Laptop and I used Railsinstaller to install Ruby & Rails functionality, however I noticed when i generated a Model the CSS, Images & Javascript Folders were placed in the App folder not in Public as is the case when in Linux. I am just learning this at a part-time college course so I'm not completely au fait with it all. Do I simply move the folders to the Public folder or use them in situ? Also if I was to finish a project then upload to say Heroku would I run into problems?
    Please treat me gently as I stress this is all very new to me and it could be that I am being extremely stupid.

Many thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mongey

Check out the asset pipeline here, it was added in rails 3.1.0 . If you change the version in your gemfile to 3.0.9 there should be a more familiar layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Fathobbit42

thanks for that, sorted now.

Advertisement