Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penneys Christmas related question and random thoughts

Options
  • 12-10-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi All, just wondered had anyone been in penneys of late (preferably mary street) and have they any christmas stuff in downstairs yet?

my random thought is that although i love halloween (not the scary bangers :D) like for me it really just gets in the way of christmas. like the shops cant let loose really until that goes by. hurry up 1st november!! I have all my xmas shopping done bar my other half so im prepared why cant the madness just start????:D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The one on O'Connell Street Dublin hasn't yet anyway. :(

Was in O'Connell Street Penneys today-
    they have a few shelves of stuff upstairs by the footwear, but nothing compared to the last few years.
    Maybe they're waiting to get rid of the Hallo'ween stock first or something.. :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Was in O'Connell Street Penneys today-
    they have a few shelves of stuff upstairs by the footwear, but nothing compared to the last few years.
    Maybe they're waiting to get rid of the Hallo'ween stock first or something.. :confused:

I can't speak for the Dublin Pennys but in Clonmel they wait until the 1st of November before they start plastering out the Christmas decorations!! I can't wait, haha! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭msbusterpuss

thanks guys! going into penneys on mary street on sunday and the one in blanch tomo so I will revert after each visit! on another note spent 71 euro in marks and spencers on xmas decorations at lunchtime, had to wait til the oh was gone this morning and smuggled them into the house!!! and they have their food to order catalogues in!! Swiped me 4 of them babies!!! 1 for me, 1 for my mam, 1 for the oh mam, and one for the girl in work. my mouth was watering!!

I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Right so i didnt get to penneys in mary street over weekend but got to the one in blanch on Saturday and I am €56 poorer for my troubles!!! :D

Got a lovely Snowman for 15 euro and his legs extend so you can have him small or big and he is holding a christmas tree - super cute, then I got a polar bear that has a countdown for christmas on his back and he was a tenner and his legs extend too! Then I got 3 christmas parcels that light up for €25 for under the tree which by the way for one of those babies was €55 in clerys - bargain or what?!?!? Then I got s little Santa Clause that lights up for my bathroom cos he is the same colour scheme as my bathroom. and some wrapping paper.

I also went to dunnes and bought some christmas handtowels for the bathroom and some baubles to put in a vase in there that will also match the colour scheme in my bathroom.

it is killing me not to have the house decorated NOW:D

So I think all in all that was a great weekend had by me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

'Penneys, got a whole lot of things for christmas, got a lot for the family' la la la all sing now!! :D

la la la la la la

:D

OOH the excitement!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Dovies wrote: »
    'Penneys, got a whole lot of things for christmas, got a lot for the family' la la la all sing now!! :D

I wish that ad was still on with all the elfs in Santa's workshop!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I posted on the Christmas Videos thread about that ad, its nowhere to be found on youtube which is annoying, so im gonna dig out our old VHS tapes where we taped Christmas movies off the telly years ago, its bound to be in there somewhere in the ad breaks.
    And if i find it, i shall gladly post the tape to some tech head to convert to a youtube video. :D

Dovies wrote: »
    I used to LOVE that ad!!! :D
    Cherrycola wrote: »
    I posted on the Christmas Videos thread about that ad, its nowhere to be found on youtube which is annoying, so im gonna dig out our old VHS tapes where we taped Christmas movies off the telly years ago, its bound to be in there somewhere in the ad breaks.
    And if i find it, i shall gladly post the tape to some tech head to convert to a youtube video. :D
    Ooooh, pleeeeease do! My old VHS tapes are long gone. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Posy wrote: »
    I used to LOVE that ad!!! :D

Ooooh, pleeeeease do! My old VHS tapes are long gone. :(

Whats VHS??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Oh the curse of the RTE no ad breaks Christmas movies!! grrrrrrr :mad:

Went through a few tapes today with Christmas movies on them and no ad breaks. I'll keep looking though.

Advertisement