Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vhi pm 0611

Options
  • 11-10-2011 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

Im considering changing from quinn company care choice to tbe new vhi pm 06 11 plan. are there any pitfalls.

would save me about 250 a year for the 2 of us and the baby.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Unless you have children, there is very little difference in price. The day case excess is greater for hi tech hospitals. Infertility treatment, scan centres, dexa and mammograms tend to better although vhi have recently improved this area. I do not like being tied into a one year contract. This could be last hurrah before they have to sign up to COnsumer Protection Code of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

broker2008 wrote: »
    Unless you have children, there is very little difference in price. The day case excess is greater for hi tech hospitals. Infertility treatment, scan centres, dexa and mammograms tend to better although vhi have recently improved this area. I do not like being tied into a one year contract. This could be last hurrah before they have to sign up to COnsumer Protection Code of course.

which is better quinn or vhi?

om sitting here wondering if me and the wfe should stay with quinn and.move the baby to vhi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

which is better quinn or vhi?

om sitting here wondering if me and the wfe should stay with quinn and.move the baby to vhi

Not to be glib, but better depends on your specific circumstances. You may have specific health needs that are better met with Quinn than VHI, so make sure to look at it in that context.

However, if it helps, I'm on Company Care Choice and I'll be switching to the VHI plan before the end of the week. The out-patient cover is a bit better with Quinn, but that's not enough to save €20 per month for two adults. FYI, child and maternity cover isn't an issue for me, so I haven't looked at that. That might be a deal breaker for you.

If you haven't done it already, have a look at the comparison on the HIA's website. It should make things a bit clearer.

A few other things to remember:

The current price and benefits on the VHI plan are a special offer that's due to run out on 16th October. After that, the price goes up (way up!) and some of the benefits are reduced. If you join before then, the lower price and better benefits will apply for the full term of your contract.

VHI contracts only start on particular days in the month (1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd), so realistically, you only have to 15th to join this plan with this price and benefits. They might backdate it if you call on the 16th, but they may not, so I'd suggest doing it by the 15th to make life easy.

I don't think VHI will allow a child to be on a policy on his or her own. I could be wrong, but it's best to check if that's what you decide on doing.

Advertisement