Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arnold Classic Europe Strongman 2011

• 11-10-2011 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

Without a doubt, one of the highlights of the first Arnold Classic was the presence in Europe of the popular Madrid strong men. An exciting international event in which our compatriot Juan José Díaz solved the first place in their favor. The large number of spectators who followed the evidence, and the hardness of the same this first Strongman passed into history. See you next year in the second edition.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/arnold-classic-europe-2011/arnold-classic-europe-strongman-2011-resultados/179625718783388

Never heard of the winner before. Wouldn't have imagined such interest in Spain for BBing or strongman events. No news articles have been posted online about it. Strange place to host a European Arnolds event me thinks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

They've some tasty weightlifters, i think yer man sergio what's his name, the small IFBB Pro is spanish?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

They've some tasty weightlifters, i think yer man sergio what's his name, the small IFBB Pro is spanish?

You might be thinking of this woman beater, Silvio Samuel:

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/muscle-gossip/2951-muscle-gossip-21-silvio-samuel-arrested.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I would have thought they'd have held it first in Austria considering they've got a good few strongmen and it's Arnie's place of birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I thought the UK would have been the most obvious place. All kinds of good things happening over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

squod wrote: »
    I thought the UK would have been the most obvious place. All kinds of good things happening over there.

They had great success with the British Grand Prix Championships after the "real" Arnold Classic in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeithReilly

I actually meant to put up a thread about the The Arnold Europe. Didn;t know anything about it until I came across it after the event but I have to agree I would have thougth Austria would have been the most obvious choice for its debut.

Does anyone know where it is next year
    I'm sure Austria must be on the short list but wouldn't it be great to see it come to Ireland. As another poster said England has got its revitalised Grand Prix this year but Ireland has nothing to compare to this. I'm sure it would attract huge numbers no matter where it is held in the Country and the money that it would bring into the country for a week couldn;t be more badly needed.

I actually meant to put up a thread about the The Arnold Europe. Didn;t know anything about it until I came across it after the event but I have to agree I would have thougth Austria would have been the most obvious choice for its debut.

Does anyone know where it is next year
    I'm sure Austria must be on the short list but wouldn't it be great to see it come to Ireland. As another poster said England has got its revitalised Grand Prix this year but Ireland has nothing to compare to this. I'm sure it would attract huge numbers no matter where it is held in the Country and the money that it would bring into the country for a week couldn;t be more badly needed.

We're probably gonna loose the strongman champions league next year too. Can't see anyone willing to give up the cash to host something like Arnolds. Belfast would be the obvious choice if it was held over here I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeithReilly

squod wrote: »
    We're probably gonna loose the strongman champions league next year too. Can't see anyone willing to give up the cash to host something like Arnolds. Belfast would be the obvious choice if it was held over here I think.

Why Belfast as the obvious choice as opposed to somewhere in the south.

Organisers have already hosted big three day events. I reckon it'd get more coverage and attract a bigger crowd also. Any on the events I go to watch don't seen to attract the same numbers down here.

Advertisement