Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fetac level 5

Options
  • 11-10-2011 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi, Has anyone had any dealings with regarding doing an interview for healthcare fetac level 5. the thing is i have an interview next week for it and there is 60 people going for it , with only 20 places. any advice or previous experiences shared would bbe gratefully recieved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭babsybaby01

Ohh your in for a right old journey....I applied for the same course through fas.I applied last November and got called for an aptitude test(which I'd say you are doing)on the 1st June.This is a certain amount of questions to be awnsered in a certain amount of time.This test is really just to see can you speak English.You will then be told that you will be contacted if you have been successful with the aptitude test and be called for an interview(3weeks after aptitude test).I was called for an interview the last week of June.I done the interview and was told after the interview that successful people would be called to go in and sign forms for Garda clearance.Just to give you an idea at this stage that the number of people for the aptitude test was 110....60 were called for the interview...I was called for Garda clearance on the 26th July and there was 35 people.As with your case there are only 20 places.I was told that they send 35 away to make sure they will have 20 definites for the course.If they get all 35 back with no problems then they pick 20 based on their interview.It's now the 11th October and still no Garda clearance back and course can't start until it is.At the original aptitude test we were told the course would start first week of September....I rang yesterday for an update and was told that they don't know when Garda clearance will be back and they don't know when the cousre will start.....That's been my experience so far and I started the 1st June so don't be expecting to start a course anytime soon...The Best Of Luck,and be PATIENT:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 meme010

hi . god hope that doesnt happen with this course. what kind of questions did they ask you in the interview?

The main ones were...Why I wanted to get into this career....Did I have any experience in a similar role....did I have work experience lined up..

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

They will want to establish that you know exactly what you're getting yourself into, that you have a plan of action career wise on how you will use the course, that you are able for the course work and requirements like work experience and that you would be suitable for a career in the area. Do your homework on the modules involved and whats involved in them, read up on the job of the childcare worker, broaden your perspective of it. You'll probably also need to convince them that you are not a drop out risk.

kob29 wrote: »
    They will want to establish that you know exactly what you're getting yourself into, that you have a plan of action career wise on how you will use the course, that you are able for the course work and requirements like work experience and that you would be suitable for a career in the area. Do your homework on the modules involved and whats involved in them, read up on the job of the childcare worker, broaden your perspective of it. You'll probably also need to convince them that you are not a drop out risk.
    reading up on childcare would be great if thats the course she was doing:rolleyes:Im sure the OP has a plan of action for his/ her career if she is doing the HEALTHCARE course.They dont ask anything about the modules in the interview and if the OP comes across well in the interview she shouldnt be worrying about convincing anyone.Its a basic 10 minute interview with broad not specific questions in relation to the course.OP let us know how you get on..and best of luck:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Im sure the OP has a plan of action for his/ her career if she is doing the HEALTHCARE course.They dont ask anything about the modules in the interview and if the OP comes across well in the interview she shouldnt be worrying about convincing anyone.Its a basic 10 minute interview with broad not specific questions in relation to the course.OP let us know how you get on..and best of luck:)

There is no standardised interview for the various FETAC courses. Each college operates their own entrance procedures, so it's best to be prepared for all eventualities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Im sure the OP has a plan of action for his/ her career if she is doing the HEALTHCARE course.They dont ask anything about the modules in the interview and if the OP comes across well in the interview she shouldnt be worrying about convincing anyone.Its a basic 10 minute interview with broad not specific questions in relation to the course.OP let us know how you get on..and best of luck:)

There is no standardised interview for the various FETAC courses. Each college operates their own entrance procedures, so it's best to be prepared for all eventualities.
    I'm doing healthcare support level 5. I did the interview in November 2010. And the interview took about 20 mins. The chap just asked me some questions about whether I had time for study etc. It was held in the teachers club in parnell square.

Advertisement