Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QFA Pensions Exam

Options
  • 11-10-2011 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Has anyone recently taken the Pensions QFA Exam and wants to get rid of the book, or even for a small fee?

This would have to be one that covers the Exam in January 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Quick question, if you are doing the exam would you not automatically get the book sent out to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Yeah you should have but some years they are late issuing. I used to have it on pdf but it is on another computer. I have one but I use it for reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Actually now that you mention it....if your are in the LIA/Institute of Bankers, you can access the book via PDF once you are logged into the web site....and have paid for the course, past papers are also available online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

The books get updated every year with some more than once.

Books are €30 with a 10 day wait unless you can collect from the head office.
    There is no full book online.

I find the mcq test online the best but am pissed off with the negative marking model they use now.

Found it on pdf, 273 pages and dated January 2011 - not sure if there is a new one or not. If you don't have access to lia, pm me and I'll email you it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 K.Cope

broker2008 wrote: »
    Found it on pdf, 273 pages and dated January 2011 - not sure if there is a new one or not. If you don't have access to lia, pm me and I'll email you it.

Hi, I did the exam first in 2008 and failed therefore The book I have is out of date. I've paid for a retake and therefore do not get the book included. It's an optional 35 euro extra. Im not doing the financial planning so do not have access to it on pdf

I just checked and the same one I have is on the lia website available as a download and I haven't paid to do exam as I successfully completed. Let me know if you can't access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 K.Cope

broker2008 wrote: »
    I just checked and the same one I have is on the lia website available as a download and I haven't paid to do exam as I successfully completed. Let me know if you can't access.

I've only completed 2 qfas so I don't think I will have access to any of the ones I have not completed, I.e pensions. Where did you find this on the website. I do have my own account on LIA.ie

If you have access to the one January 2011, I think that will cover Jan 2012 as the course prospectus is 2011-12.

Would greatly appreciate if you could email that to me. I will pm you my email address if you wouldn't mind!

That is emailed to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 theshowdog

Does anyone know if when the exams are held?

And how to apply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Advertisement