Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40 week Scan?

Options
  • 11-10-2011 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if you could help me out. I have an appt. today with the hospital in Cork and I am 40 weeks and 1 day. Do I get a scan today to make sure everything is ok with the placenta and fluid? No one at the hospital seems to know the answer to this question and I really do not want to go there if my GP can do the same urine/blood pressure test. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

It's probably a bit late to be replying to you now, but once I got close to term I was given a quick scan at every appointment (in Kilkenny). My blood pressure was a bit high so I was in twice a week, then every second day the further over I went, and was scanned each time. My GP didn't want to see me at that point, said it would be better to be seen by the obs/midwives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shatzie

I didn't have a scan until I was 10 days over. The only other hospital scan I had was my booking in appointment at 17 weeks but I did go for a couple of early private scans myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi, i went ove due and they did scan me at my 40 week appointment. They also did an internal exam to check my cervix. And they felt my tummy to check positin of baby. I had another appointment a week after when i was 41 weeks and they did the same then aswel. They also booked me in for induction for the following week. So going to the hopsital for this appointment is probably important as they may be doing any/all of the above. Best of luck

Advertisement