Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advise on Dodgy Builders please

Options
  • 11-10-2011 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone can help me as i don't have a clue. My aunt got a wood burning stove installed in sitting room, builder charged €900 . But the stove is set back in the fireplace with barely any clearance and, in-fact, looks like it was just squeezed in. When its on it heats the whole surround. The marble and wood for the surround become too hot to touch and seem one step off bursting into flames. This guy then offers to sell my aunt a new fireplace for €2000. Can anyone advise me about what exactly are the minimum clearances required and what info i must have before i approach this guy on her behalf. My aunt is elderly and lives alone and i'm someone who avoids confrontation

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement