Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTA set-up/configuration question

Options
  • 11-10-2011 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    I would appreciate your help, I have been asked to resolve an issue with my parents in law FTA set-up. They have a Smart S2X Avanit SD FTA Satellite Receiver and due to some issues it had to be reset to the factory settings. Now when they go through the channel list it is not in the same order as before. When they got the box it was in the order as is in this link (Link)

Short of adding the TP to the list individually and scan the related ones, then delete the redundant channels and move all the channels around is there a better way of doing this to get the channels back in the order they are in above.

I started doing this last night for them and it was taking an age to move each channel individually and ensure only the correct TPs were in the list.

BTW I am only adding some specific TPs as they do not want adult channels getting picked up.

Regards and thanks in advance for any help you can offer
    Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Maybe TVTrade.ie can help you - http://www.tvtrade.ie/smart-s2x-avanit-sd-fta-satellite-receiver-user-manual.html otherwise its down to manual sorting, this is the downside of a FTA sat receiver.

Have you or they considered a Freesat receiver, auto sorting and updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi The Cush

Thanks for the links, That was where I had ended up going for the list of channels and the guide on the FTA box.

Unfortunately they have 3 FTA boxes 2 smart sx2's and 1 xoro 3000 so it is beginning to look like I will have to manually edit all 3 of them.

argghh.. lesson learned for the next time that anybody comes near me mentioning FTA channels missing again :)

I was hoping that there was some nice neat trick that the pro's used to have the channels aligned properly like in the link but it doesn't look like it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Guys

Just thinking about this does anybody have any experience in using an rs232 connection to the smart box to get the config files and use them on another box? hopefully that would ease the effort needed :)

Anybody know what files I would be looking to copy and where to get them?

regards
    Tommy

Advertisement